Beyond Rockwall

hozz1235

That is awesome.  I remember trying to ascend that area, got close but not over.  You have some great shots from the Outer Limits.

Vancouver version

17 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

screen_907d8cfa-c0d8-4ef6-86eb-d17035ca9add_hi.png

Such a peaceful looking stretch of road.  I imagine cruising in a 68 Chevelle with the ragtop down on a warm summer day, stopping by this area for a little fishing.

20 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Had to goat a different path to get back...I was really starting to worry I was going to be stranded.  That night with the fire..fire blew out - hadn't built a snow shelter in a LONG time but had to that night!

Best goat adventure yet.  The concern over the character is very interesting.  The sense of urgency to construct a shelter is felt all too often in interloper runs.   I have often thought of going on a goating adventure in interloper to see what happens and how long to survive. 

The main restriction I encountered was trees everywhere but no sticks.  So long term goating is somewhat restricted.  Too much resources to lug around, but now there is an extra 5kg from well fed and 5kg bonus from moose satchel which makes the hike more plausible. 

The other issue was lack of wildlife other than crows flying overhead.  So low weight high calorie food would need to be gathered, crackers seem the best on interloper.

The bearskin bedroll is also something that would make the adventure stretch out.  Less of a need to build snow shelter.  Fire placed with effective windbreak and a coal chunk, just remember to grab torches and break into sticks for the next fire.

There is quite a laundry list of items to gather to prepare for a long term goating adventure.  So the feeling of losing a character that was built up for a 40 hours just to get stuck in a terrain glut on the first day of goating.  That would be rough and rage quit worthy.  I consider ten game days of goating can be accomplished.

I have been practising getting tools ready.  If I start in DP then in less than two weeks game time (about 14 hours play time) TWM plane crash site has been looted and all tools for forging acquired, then back to DP to forge.  Then hunting in DP (bullwinkle has not been seen lately in DP so more travelling needed) would be the next step to begin crafting clothing, satchel and bedroll.

Point is the amount of time invested for a long term goat quest makes the adventure thrilling for me.  The tension created by the looming perma-death and terrain traps brings life into the game.  There is now some purpose for surviving the sandbox Long Dark:  Goating.  There is a reason I have not goated in HRV, because it is there I plan to take this goat adventure.

Wish me goat luck!

Archived