Humble suggestions/wish list

Ninjasnigeln

Played and loved TLD since 2016 and Im all positive on the progress so far! Makes it hard not to think about ways to make it even more immersive and vast.

- Thermos (tool) to make bringing hot food outpossible

- Improvised spear (weapon) to equip if a Wolf is closing in, to possibly impale and not have to start a struggle

- Fire starting bow (tool), an improvised Fire starter

- Storing food outdoors (to keep it fresh longer) will attract wild life. Could make for good trap as well... 

Please let me know what you think! Good? Bad? Doable? 

49 minutes ago, Ninjasnigeln said:

- storing food outdoors (to keep it fresh longer) will attract wild life. Could make for good trap as well... 

I have to say when I was getting near the end of my Pilgrim play thru at TWM outside the Mountaineer's Hut I had well over 20 fish and a bunch of Bear/Moose meat I wasn't willing to risk until my cooking lvl was higher. The whole time I am wondering how it does not attract a wolf or even a bear. I would welcome it attracting wild life.

1 hour ago, Ninjasnigeln said:

- Storing food outdoors (to keep it fresh longer) will attract wild life. Could make for good trap as well... 

Completely agree with this, should attract predators to make it more interesting, realistic and to add some strategy. It would force us to store it somewhere animals won't get it like trunks of cars, sheltered porches. It could also require the devs to add more outside storages (like the one by Trapper's Cabin in Story Mode) or to allow player to craft some sort of their own portable chest or box. Nothing big, just to be able to safely store such meat. This is an aspect of the game that I fell could really use some more development.

5 hours ago, Ninjasnigeln said:

Played and loved TLD since 2016 and Im all positive on the progress so far! Makes it hard not to think about ways to make it even more immersive and vast.

- Thermos (tool) to make bringing hot food outpossible

- Improvised spear (weapon) to equip if a Wolf is closing in, to possibly impale and not have to start a struggle

- Fire starting bow (tool), an improvised Fire starter

Please let me know what you think! Good? Bad? Doable? 

You may want to post this on the Wish List forum.

Food will last longer outside already. Fresh meat outside attracting predators would be a huge exploitable feature. I wouldn't go for long hunting trips anymore - just put some meat infront of my porch and get free pelts, guts and meat -> repeat.

Although it seems interesting to have another firestarting tool, in my opinion there is already too much of it. Making a fire is the only thing you need to survive forever. Maybe a firebow for Interloper but then matches, lens and firestriker have to removed.

"The" (or some kind of) spear will be added soon, they're working on it.

Hot food outside also would make the game more exploitable. Why would i care about the weather anymore with such a bonus? I think drinking a hot tea/coffee is already too good.

On 2/7/2019 at 12:40 PM, MueckE said:

Food will last longer outside already. Fresh meat outside attracting predators would be a huge exploitable feature. I wouldn't go for long hunting trips anymore - just put some meat infront of my porch and get free pelts, guts and meat -> repeat.

It already is like that, but I carry the meat on me so I'm the bait. Find a good vantage point that you can climb on and shoot with the bow. This is how I handle the wolf population around any of my bases.

I agree that meat should attract the predators if stored outside. If you leave a steak at your front porch you're not going to find it there in the morning. Also wolves and bears will learn that there is food and will hang around your base to wait for more. Who said that you'll benefit from this, maybe they'll get the jump on you when you're just going out for a stroll.

Archived