Carrion & Crow

Ice Hole

Carrion & Crow Challenge

Think you are good at surviving against the Long Dark Mother Nature.  Then try out this challenge where the environment is the only obstacle to surviving.

8sHM-/j8P-KxuT-AXJe-LgAA

5c5a61ccd09a3_screen_(13921)_694301c6-95f8-4b6a-93fa-b0bc43184d0c.thumb.png.82fee6463836c161011012fdd685f1fd.png

All sliders are set to the worst.

No condition recovery; prepare to die early in this challenge.

No critters except for the dead and crows; starvation is inevitable.

No Feats.

Random starting location.

How long can you survive this hopeless situation?

edit

I was thinking of restricting the area to Broken Railroad.  This area was much more interesting and deadlier than starting in Coastal Highway or Mystery Lake or Desolation Point or Milton.  The tunnel was the starting location and the jog over to the Maintenance Shed took a third of health from freezing.  The interior was still cold and lost more health trying to get the fire started.  The hammer and forge are there so getting tools made is an intriguing option.  

Have not started in the Muskeg or the Mountain but I suspect those areas could be deadly too.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, DarKube said:

And maybe this challenge can be called Ludicrous mode :)

I played this out for about three game weeks.  At first the struggle is real.  After awhile of seeing nothing but the dead and imaginary crows the atmosphere became really odd.  The place is lonely and boring.   Already forged tools; what is left to do?  Played spoiled food roulette just for some excitement.  Did not get food poisoning so the guy is just waiting. 

The idea for this challenge was to train for the Deadman's Challenge, but the lack of life has given me no reason to go back.  Maybe, if the crows could attack, then it might be worth while to revisit this desolation.

Archived