Helpful background dialogue

AdSmyz

Hello all, I'm playing through the new story mode but here are two things I noticed:

1.) Autowalk - I am sure people have said this before. I'll leave it at that. If anyone knows how, let me know :D

2.) Helpful/Informative background dialogue - I see people complain about the dialogue while exploring, I don't mind and tune it out for the most part. But as I found a decent jacket, our character (forget his name im sorry) said " This will come in handy." 

So if the item I find is a better item or has better condition then my current equipment, a line like above would be said. However, if it was not an improvement to my gear then he would say something like " There's no use for this."

Or maybe this is already implemented and yeah. Thanks for reading.

Hiya @AdSmyz welcome to the forums!

1. There was just a recent topic about this search a bit if interested but yes brought up many times and discussed.

2. If you turn the UI off then the character complaining does have meaning because it will remind you to check your stats, but the comments are just that , comments. They have no secret meaning or give informative tips.

It would be nice if there were more different types of comments because after playing awhile you really start to notice the repetition of the comments and diffent ones would be a refreshing experience.

51 minutes ago, DerpyLemon115 said:

Not a bad idea to have different dialogue depending on weather the items you find are worth having at that point. Also I always found it funny how your character always says "Hope nobody need this anymore" even after you been alive on Great Bear for over 200 days where it's become pretty clear that nobody else on the island is alive anymore. At that point your character should say something like "Well nobody else is going to need this..." or something like that.

I agree.  I would be nice if the comments had contextual triggers rather than just being random.  However, I would miss the chuckles... and being able to respond to the character with some sarcasm occasionally... Like when Will/Astrid says "I hope no one needs this anymore." when pulling a lump of charcoal out of a trashcan.  Duh, would they have thrown it in the trash if they still needed it?

Archived