Music

Antares

I generally am against playing music during games. I like the V.O. of things in general, so if The passion of Christ is in Armaic I watch it in Aramaic and the Romans speak English or latin, I watch it like that (the actor did that interpretation, no sense of change it like they do with anything in my "country")...
if there are the subs, good, if there is no subs, I am sorry, I keep watching my goooood V.O.
This is how I think, so if the game has this experience designed, I try to keep it as the game is, not mod it too much;

Anyway I heard that many use music , like they were "bored" by long game sessions or just by its pace, which of course is just their way of experiencing things. So since maybe not many know about this, I just wanted  to share a suggestion on potential music players could use, no promotion here. Actually the composer is dead since 1 year so, there is no real promotion: I watched a TV serie named The Terror, which takes place in mid 1800. It's just great. It has a very strong theatrical flavor in some parts and especially in the last episodes offers very simple but strong scenes (short moments, which are really well made and stay impresssed in your mind)... photographic moments.. I love when in in a scene a dialogue in the tv serie always with this music or not in back ground reminded me about caving and that we find humanity where there is loneliness, in the desert,and when in front of difficulty we become human again. I dnt find this in long dark so much. I wish there was less savage feeling, I feel like I am a wolf at some point (I played once for 10 hours or more in a raw, maybe 14... it really makes you feel like u are a stray animal... woof woof).

Anyway the music in The terror are written by this Swedish composer called Marc Fjellestrom, which I wanted to share with you the information about: the sounds are dark and pretty deep. The terror is a TV serie that makes you feel claustrophobic in those ships the story is about ... and well, for some moments it makes you think about this game.

What about scurvy? Where do we get vitamin C in the game? (just a flash question..)
Anyway... Marc Fjellestrom really has crazy deep music that will make you tremble inside. This said whether you like the V.O. of the long dark like me or wanna instead experience very dark moments during the gameplay with the help of external music (like many experience Elite Dangerous with).
I don't know if it fits in though, this dpends on your taste.
I prefer actually to hear my breath and my heart beat than anything else during the game session.

Interesting suggestion, I'll try to find that score.

I also like to listen to the original music while playing games, just like things are intended. But when I'm away from the keyboard and I'm in a Long Dark mood, I listen to ambient music. Any ambient music by any artist does it for me. The tracks that have more natural instrumentation and positive sound remind me of the exploration during the day, some that have darker sound remind me of exploring the deep caves and for example some that have more electronic sound remind me of the Aurora lit nights and the flickering lights.

I actually very share what you say,  I really like to listen to ambient music and we all know "God is an austronaut" ( which is also, if I am not wrong , soundtrack for the beautiful football drama "Friday Night lights", tv serie made quite sometime ago, which brings me good vibes as I was discovering the sport of football while watching that tv serie in those days) and there are many more cool ambient... but these, these by fjellstrom really caught me by surprise (I dnt wanna get caught in the wrong - so I won't post a link but u surely can find them online there is a web site that offers free "streaming" of his music, maybe it's the official blog...) they really have a strong soul, they seem to have life these pieces. They seem to be speaking, like aurora speaks to us and our imaginary.

Thank you, I just am bringing what this guy managed to bring to us. You can really feel the hours and the passion of work and studies and of course experimentation this guy did. I don't know what happened to him, maybe suicide or maybe some overdose. I don't know or just a heart failure, I tried to look the causes of his death a few days ago. I guess he wasn't lucky with the duration of life, but what he produced was surely a gift and I feel lucky to have discovered such talentl, it shows what we can do with passion and hard work even when very young.

Anyway the TV serie The terror has been dedicated to him. There will be a second serie, maybe still with his music (I dnt know) as things change perspective in next season. Anyway regarding this music it's really what you would listen to think at Long Dark Caves, or when someone is hunting for you, or you are in a strange aurora moment in some dark place. I did not hear pieces that give very positive vibes but it is also true that I just listened to a few of his pieces (besides the many during the 1st season of The terror that I listened to without being conscious I was listening to his notes), not more than 3 I heard out on web sites. So there are surely surprises ... surely a song that is named Skelektikon (and an album) might not give those shiny sunny vibes... but who knows? I am a person who loves the rain and thunders just as the sun so who knows what you feel.

Gotta also say that in The Terror there are Auroras, and there are very magic moments diverse but in some way similar to The long dark (magic\nature force) so the songs might be a little away from the cartoon design of the game but might also bring to reality what we live in the game :)  (somehow like a movie of a videogames is capable to do).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you. I guess so, but usually Teas are really detrimental to a balance of the diet, Teas are actually killers of production of vitamine D which of course lack of Sun light is major issue... Anyway of course we are not in a reality simulation game, I get that. It was just a question since there is some "inspiration to reality \ how the body works" in the game, of course it has all the right to stay just a partial inspiration not a total abiding to real human life simulation into the game.
Maybe some teas can be good to addition of vitamines, I just ignore it.

Archived