Original Predux as separate Steam branch

DariusGalaxyz

I bought The Long Dark back in December 2014, and I've always loved the concept of this game, just you and Mother Nature, no other survivors yet, just you and nature. I had life issues off and on and took very long breaks from playing this game. I was reading most of the release notes though, at least much later I was. The saves wiping didn't really bother me because I know they are trying to improve the game, and not only that, The Long Dark was still under Early Access when they did that Survival Mode save wipe, so it was considered to be alpha or beta. I do applaud listening to the community about reworking the episodes into a Redux, that's awesome to have that kind of communication with your players of the game.

I was wondering if it was possible to allow me to play the Predux version of Wintermute, because I was super-curious as to how it was, and I would've liked it in its own way, because I do love cinematics and 3rd-person perspectives too, and also to see the changes that were made from between Predux to Redux.

Could you guys load Predux Wintermute into a code-protected branch on Steam? Nothing should have to be reworked since it would be a separate branch, and no further develpoment needs to happen with it for post-2nd Episode. I just would really like to experience how Predux was, because I spent these past few days catching-up on a years' worth of update notes, and I'm curious to experience Predux for what it was. Then I can genuinely compare and contrast Predux with Redux. Could this be done ?

And community, what do you think, should they do this for us curious players? It wouldn't take much time because they only have to load in that version of the game to a separate brance and voila, lol.

Archived