Stuck on the Spear Mission

Brenduh

I have tried restarting the game several times and I get the same problem (PC, Steam).  I get to the lodge, take the spear down from the mantle, get the little cut scene and then the mission still says to get the spear at the lodge and when I look at the mantel (that the spear is now gone from) it says "cave bear spear".  If I reboot the game the spear is back and I rinse and repeat.  Any suggestions? I have checked the game files and all is well.

Thanks,

Bren

• Upvote 2

For me, it sounds like a missinterpretation or false conclusion. Try to go to Jeremiah! I bet you read the mission file and at the same time you don't want to risk going back the dangerous way only to find out that you missed something or it's bugged and you have to do this again. Also you couldn't find the spear in your inventory - so that also made you think like that.

The spear is shown in the inventory of special items (like letters, Astrids stuff ..... )

If you have the spear, just go back to Jeremiah!

Edited by MueckE
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MueckE said:

For me, it sounds like a missinterpretation or false conclusion. Try to go to Jeremiah! I bet you read the mission file and at the same time you don't want to risk going back the dangerous way only to find out that you missed something or it's bugged and you have to do this again. Also you couldn't find the spear in your inventory - so that also made you think like that.

The spear is shown in the inventory of special items (like letters, Astrids stuff ..... )

Even if it tells me to pick up the spear and the spear is there when I restart?

14 hours ago, MueckE said:

So I went all the way back to Jeremiah and nothing happened.  I couldn't interact with him.

9 hours ago, Brenduh said:

Even if it tells me to pick up the spear and the spear is there when I restart?

When you restart? So don't restart then. If the spear is back at the lodge only when you restart, don't restart. This means that you can pick up the spear, and the spear is also in your side-inventory?

With the spear in your inventory, there should be a small animation sequence right before the transition between forlon and mystery lake.

What i'm asking is to be more precise so we can exactly understand what the problem is or where a bug is, or what kind of bug. Now you said that the bug (losing the spear) appears when you close the game after you've picked up the spear, but before talking to jeremiah. Obviously i suggest not restarting.

Or can't you pick up the spear in the first place? Can you take the spear but it isn't in your inventory? Is it in your inventory but the mission file sais you still have to pick it up? Is it in the inventory and the mission file sais "go back to jeremiah" but if when you close the game now, everything is lost? Please tell us exactly what you are doing and what is happening. Picking up the spear, there is a short animation, and also when leaving Forlon Muskeg with the spear (on the way to jeremiah).

Edited by MueckE

• 1 month later...

On 01.02.2019 at 8:56 PM, Brenduh said:

I have tried restarting the game several times and I get the same problem (PC, Steam).  I get to the lodge, take the spear down from the mantle, get the little cut scene and then the mission still says to get the spear at the lodge and when I look at the mantel (that the spear is now gone from) it says "cave bear spear".  If I reboot the game the spear is back and I rinse and repeat.  Any suggestions? I have checked the game files and all is well.

Thanks,

Bren

I have same problem, i could nt fix it still.. Did you?

Edited by iYASiR

On 05.02.2019 at 10:22 AM, MueckE said:

When you restart? So don't restart then. If the spear is back at the lodge only when you restart, don't restart. This means that you can pick up the spear, and the spear is also in your side-inventory?

With the spear in your inventory, there should be a small animation sequence right before the transition between forlon and mystery lake.

What i'm asking is to be more precise so we can exactly understand what the problem is or where a bug is, or what kind of bug. Now you said that the bug (losing the spear) appears when you close the game after you've picked up the spear, but before talking to jeremiah. Obviously i suggest not restarting.

Or can't you pick up the spear in the first place? Can you take the spear but it isn't in your inventory? Is it in your inventory but the mission file sais you still have to pick it up? Is it in the inventory and the mission file sais "go back to jeremiah" but if when you close the game now, everything is lost? Please tell us exactly what you are doing and what is happening. Picking up the spear, there is a short animation, and also when leaving Forlon Muskeg with the spear (on the way to jeremiah).

When i take the spear from wall, mission does'nt update. I can't take it. The Spear respawn on the wall after cutscene and i can't click it. If i exit from lodge and get in again , i can click it and again cutscene and respawn, again over again... I stuck on this mission.  I tried restart the episode or from another save but didn't work.

Edited by iYASiR

• 1 year later...
On 4/6/2020 at 6:21 PM, Ght said:

Unfortunately I have the same issue, once I collect the broken spear the game won't prompt me to go to the furnace. 

You have more to collect from the Lodge than just the spear.  Try searching around some more.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

i know what the problem is.. you guys might go straight to the hunter's lodge and through the mountains and skip the rail tracks.. you should follow the rail tracks first and get to the broken train then go inside it there should be a little cutscene where you saw the bear again while you where inside the train and the bear will flip it over you will wake up at night and saw the gasoline station guy.. 

• 2 weeks later...