Cartographer: missing Icons in Milton

NardoLoopa

Cannot seem to trigger the Cartographer Achievement.

I've made a checklist of the official post in the forum that lists all the markers.  However, there are two on the list that seem unattainable.

"Icon - Orca Gas Station" and "Icon - Spruce Falls Bridge".  I've mapped these locations several times (even sleeping in Orca then mapping in the morning).  The Icons do not appear.

image.png.9185500a54c1080192e6b740090170b5.png

I'm running on PC.  The game-save started in November.  Before 1.41 I had never been to Milton.

(also there's that weird text that flashes for a moment at the bottom left.  It says "press [4] for more information", but doing so doesn't yield anything.)

Anyway, I've been over all the maps several times, double-checking the list.  These are the only two things I'm missing.  Could @Support either confirm that they are unnecessary, or that they are necessary, and it's just a bug and to wait for a fix.

BTW this trophy is a lot of fun.

Thanks for your post. Both those icons are in the Achievement list, so they are indeed required to unlock it.  Some icons are a bit finnicky to map -- we've done some work to help address this, but I'm not sure if we looked at those two specifically. Usually the Survivor just needs to be close and have a clear line of sight to the building or structure.

If you continue having trouble, please send in a Support Request with your save file attached -- we'll take a closer look in case there is a problem with the file.

• Upvote 2

Yes, that did it: line of sight.

I had attempted to Survey both locations from inside the sensible safety of nearby cars, because you know . . . Bears and Wolves.

image.png.33b3af21d1f5635ad3a82f4ca5aa0040.png

Thank you so much for the assistance.  This really puts a nice capstone on my 164 Day Stalker adventure.

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

I landed here by googling the supposed issue that the "Icon - Spruce Falls Bridge" was not able to be mapped, after likewise double checking the official list for the achievement. This Icon was the very last remaining one for me. Had tried about 5 times to map.... from within a car ofcourse because of the bear roaming the bridge. And then, as mentioned in this thread: the icon doesn't trigger when mapped from a car! However it is safe to map from below the bridge.

Thanks! Got the prestigious Faithful Cartographer! :)

Edited by StandardFare