Sign in to follow this  
XaldinVii

Don't store your hammer in FM Forge Toolbox

11 posts in this topic

**EDIT** Looks like someone started a post on this issue already here that is: 

So I started my first stalker game a few weeks ago. I am on day 31. I have a rifle, 2 bows and about 4 arrows I salvaged from arrowhead/broken arrows I have found. During my 31 days I have search most of CH, as I spawned there, PV, ML (Where my main base is), FM, BR, and Milton for a hammer as well. I finally found a hammer under the workbench in the FM Forge building, go figure last place I went to look for it. I only found about 12 bullets and have 6 lefts so wanted to craft some arrow heads. So I store some of my scrap metal and the hammer in the Red Toolbox Drawers and went off to find some more coal from the nearby cave and gather some wood. I came back and the drawers of the toolbox are gone as well as the storm lantern has fallen thru the now empty toolbox and on the floor. I search under the toolbox hoping maybe it fell thru or something and couldn't find it. So needless to say I lost my hammer and about 12 scrap metal...

So just wanted to post this as a warning, I already submitted a bug report. But DO NOT store anything, especially your hammer, in those drawers. I also saw this happen to a streamer as well a few weeks back :/. Which of course only remember now in hindsight...

On the positive side the time I would spent forging I instead found well over 125 Cattail stalks in FM so I won't starve just yet... :)

TLDFM Missing Drawers.jpg

Edited by XaldinVii
Pointing to another Thread started about this issue.
  • Upvote 1

There is another thread reporting this issue and support have already indicated that they are looking into it.  Apparently, the bug is triggered when you break down items around the area (like the wooden box of coal that was originally next to the red metal one).  The file cabinet in the Camp Office in Mystery Lake is also affected (the drawers will progressively slide downward as you break down items).  The two drawers in the cabinet upstairs in the camp office will rise upwards as you break down items.  I'm not sure if there are other areas noticed at this time.  I can say that the containers in the Trapper's Homestead in Mystery Lake and the Maintenance Shed in Broken Railroad down seem to be affected.  Containers in the Carter Hydro Dam also appear to be OK.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

The file cabinet in the Camp Office in Mystery Lake is also affected (the drawers will progressively slide downward as you break down items).  The two drawers in the cabinet upstairs in the camp office will rise upwards as you break down items.  I'm not sure if there are other areas noticed at this time.

I’ve just returned to the Camp Office, for the first time since before the Redux update, and the cabinet downstairs was affected. I hadn’t broken anything in there since I was last there over 150 in game days ago. I could still access stuff in the cabinet. Upstairs draws were unaffected. I’m not breaking down anything inside until th next update.

I also saw this issue with one of the cargo containers in the tail section of the plane on Timberwolf Mountain. That time it did occur after I broke down a green crate.

We can add another affected location to this list.  I have sent in a bug report, but I thought I'd post a description here so others can we aware of the issue.

I had placed a mountain rope and 2 prybars on the desk in one of the trailers at the Logging Camp in Mystery Lake.  It is the one nearest the road adjacent to the outhouses.  I left and returned a few days later.  As I entered the trailer, I could clearly see my stuff still sitting on the desk (so I know I was in the right trailer).  I needed wood, so I then broke down the chair in front of the desk.  When I was done and looked at the desk, my stuff was missing.  I did not pick it up, it was not in my inventory, it was just gone.  I reloaded from the save the game made as I entered the trailer.  My stuff was back and disappeared again when I broke down the chair.  I worked around the issue by loading the save a second time and picking up all my items off the desk before breaking down the chair.

I found yet another spot that seems affected by this with a slightly different twist.  I was at the Plane Crash site in Mountain Town and broke down a cardboard box.  To my surprise, the wooden crate near the box simply disappeared... fortunately, leaving behind the cargo pants that it contained or was hiding underneath it.

17 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I wish the green crates contained items!

IMO, the green crates are always worth breaking down eventually.  I've turned up a couple of different clothing items by breaking crates down at the plane crash that I certainly couldn't see before breaking the crates (but I am on pilgrim, so there is more loot and loose items available than on more difficult settings).  In this last case, I didn't have to break the crate myself since it disappeared when I broke down the cardboard box close to it.  I have also found a gun and backpack hidden behind a crate in the Hibernia Processing plant.  There was no way I could have spotted it or gotten to it untill I broke the crate.  The Spence Family Homestead always seems to have dog food in/under one of the green crates and accelerant in/under another one.  The safe in that spot is also hidden behind two of them.  I've also found a firestriker in/under a crate in the Carter Hydro Dam... and, hey, there's always the wood you get.

1 hour ago, UpUpAway95 said:

IMO, the green crates are always worth breaking down eventually.  I've turned up a couple of different clothing items by breaking crates down at the plane crash that I certainly couldn't see before breaking the crates (but I am on pilgrim, so there is more loot and loose items available than on more difficult settings).  In this last case, I didn't have to break the crate myself since it disappeared when I broke down the cardboard box close to it.  I have also found a gun and backpack hidden behind a crate in the Hibernia Processing plant.  There was no way I could have spotted it or gotten to it untill I broke the crate.  The Spence Family Homestead always seems to have dog food in/under one of the green crates and accelerant in/under another one.  The safe in that spot is also hidden behind two of them.  I've also found a firestriker in/under a crate in the Carter Hydro Dam... and, hey, there's always the wood you get.

I have found dog food and  accelerate breaking down the crates in Spence's near the forge as well. Both on Pilgrim and during my lastest play thru on Stalker. Good to know about the other locations as I only initially broke down the crates at Spence's for fire wood the first time, not expecting items.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:27 PM, XaldinVii said:

I have found dog food and  accelerate breaking down the crates in Spence's near the forge as well.

Dog food actually is behind a crate, you don't need to break it. On the other hand accelerant is inside. You can even open the safe from outside, if you really don't want to break crates.

• Upvote 1