Offline Steam Achievements?

NardoLoopa

Can TLD steam achievements be earned when in offline mode (and registered when the game finally syncs with the server)?

The -23F polar vortex knocked out my internet, but it seems like a great time to finish the Cartographers' achievement.  But such a waste if it didn't register.

Anyone know for sure?

Hi @NardoLoopa , you should be able to play offline an trigger the achievements later when you connect to Steam, just be aware that they might not pop immediately -- the way they works is certain actions taken by the player will prompt checks to see if an achievement has been unlocked, depending on what type of achievement you're going for. For example, if you completed Faithful Cartographer you might have to do another mapping action in the relevant save file after connecting back to Steam.

Important! If you choose to spend any amount of time playing in offline mode, we highly recommend disabling Steam's Cloud Sync feature. 

In theory this shouldn't happen, but there have been a few reported cases of players returning to online Mode only to have their progress overwritten with older files from the Cloud. Just an FYI!

@Support thank you so much for the response.  It allays my anxieties.

The Polar Vortex took out my internet just as I completed my last Survey, so no Achievement.  However, upon further review, I see that I'm missing an Icon. Glad to know it is probably my mistake, rather than the Polar Vortex which differed my celebrations.

5 hours ago, Support said:

In theory this shouldn't happen, but there have been a few reported cases of players returning to online Mode only to have their progress overwritten with older files from the Cloud. Just an FYI!

I recently switched between Linux and Windows due to bugs from Unity, and Steam had a warning (maybe it's new?) before syncing the files: if there's a conflict, they ask you to choose which set of files should be used as reference for the sync.

On 1/31/2019 at 5:10 PM, BareSkin said:

I recently switched between Linux and Windows due to bugs from Unity, and Steam had a warning (maybe it's new?) before syncing the files: if there's a conflict, they ask you to choose which set of files should be used as reference for the sync.

I don't have Windows on this box, so I'm using the command line options to work around the bug. I can tell you that, playing on linux exclusively, I've seen that message a number of times, based on sometimes hitting some TLD after work in the office before heading out for the night, and then playing it at home later. The first time I saw that was quite a while back... probably close to a year, anyway.

Archived