Injury Notification (recallable)

UTC-10

I occasionally manage to walk off short cliffs and hurt myself.  The game shows me what I did to myself, but once those notices fade away and they fade pretty quickly, I have no way to recall them later on to look at how I hurt myself and my gear. Generally I am referring to minor injuries (bruising) and clothing damage, so a long-term recall does not seem necessary, but it might be nice to have a screen to recall how one tried to inadvertently commit suicide or laugh at what happened when walking (half asleep, on auto-pilot). 

I like how the talks about bruising - 

Bruising can be inflicted during a wolfstruggle or from falls. Bruising damages condition a little and makes any future losses of condition slightly worse than normal. Bruising cannot be treated on its own, and will go away when the fall or wolf struggle is cured.

Bruising does not show up as an affliction so I wonder when it becomes cured and how much a light vs heavy bruising enhances future damage. 

As for being able to see a log, even if it is on the page that shows your stats for the day would be nice. 

I would change anything regarding clothing damage since all that's really important is whether or not what condition is left on the clothes means it can still be repaired or is ruined.  There's no notification at all for damage to clothing caused by the weather.  It just degrades over time and occasionally needs repair.  The player can check the current condition of their clothing at any time.

I think bruising should behave more like any other illness.  That is, it should have a diagram showing the afflicted area on the status screen.  To accommodate this, a specific "cure" time for bruises would have to be implemented.  That is, bruises should fade over a specific time without a specific treatment, at which point the notice of the affliction should disappear from the status screen.

14 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

but it might be nice to have a screen to recall how one tried to inadvertently commit suicide or laugh at what happened when walking (half asleep, on auto-pilot). 

Well I guess anyone playing TLD half-asleep or on auto-pilot shouldn't be surprised to die, right? That's the core gaming principle here.

On 1/30/2019 at 5:25 PM, BareSkin said:

Well I guess anyone playing TLD half-asleep or on auto-pilot shouldn't be surprised to die, right? That's the core gaming principle here.

Makes me remember my first time in the Ravine. I was looking around at the scenery and walked right off the trestle.

Archived