Invisible Wall

Ice Hole

Goating around in a open world such as The Long Dark is quite entertaining for myself and others.  While it is true that goating does lead to out of this world areas most of my avenues tended to maintain sanity.  The Long Dark is an open beautiful world where exploration should be encouraged.  One issue with goating is becoming stuck in a glut created by the terrain, however a wise goat can recognize and avoid theses pitfalls.  Unfortunately invisible walls are not detected until walking straight into them while rocks and torches pass through them indiscriminately.

The Redux has brought a serious issue to goats like me by placing invisible barriers in many ares around Mountain Town.  Now pitfalls are no where near an issue as compared to hitting an invisible wall while heading down hill.  What looks like easy to pass through wide open downhill terrain is now a trap with an INVISIBLE WALL !!! Breaks my goat heart it does.  What purpose does an invisible wall have other than restricting free roaming in an open world.  Staying on the path should not be mandatory when according to a forum poll indicates that the majority of the players rarely use laid out paths and instead enjoy free roaming.

Unless there is an alternative method to detect an invisible wall and a plausible explanation that is included in the Story for an invisible wall then please @Raphael van Lierop tear down this invisible wall.

I know this is your game but after all this is just a wish.

Archived