Looking out Windows

Willy Pete

Many a time, I've wondered just how bad the weather really is outside but been unable to actually check on account of the fact that all the windows are opaque. It's not a big complaint, but it would be cool if windows had a function. Now I'm pretty sure that making all the windows into actual windows would probably be too hard to implement for the loading screen locations. However, perhaps there's another way. 

I think it would be cool if you could walk up to a window and activate it. What this does is load up an image from outside the house, letting you see what's outside. You wouldn't be able to move around or anything, and maybe it wouldn't load things like dropped items or animals, but just looking outside is something I think would be really cool.

Yeah I very much like how windows currently add to the art and feeling of being cooped up inside. Also the sound of the wind gives you a good idea of what the weather is like. I always use this as the main indicator. That being said, I like your idea of having to activate a window to get just an image of what the outside looks like. It would be cool to go up to a window, activate it and have your character kinda rub a small circle clear or something like that and maybe even give feedback like saying "It looks pretty bad outside" or something like that.

Archived