BareSkin

Cinderella Challenge

82 posts in this topic

:D I tend to use the rifle as a glorified cracker. 90% when it's an 'effective' shot it means I scared the wolf off with the bang.

Have you given up on crafting the bearskin bedroll? I thought it would help tremendously since you can take the can and another item.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tulkawen said:

Have you given up on crafting the bearskin bedroll? I thought it would help tremendously since you can take the can and another item.

Not at all, but it'll become craftable only just before I have to leave, the second bear hide isn't cured yet. But don't worry, I did the maths, and it's gonna be ready for when I leave. The last problems is finding a good snares spot in OIC, cause I can live only so many days on deer carcasses.

Edited by BareSkin
  • Upvote 1

I see your guy is hanging out in the same place my guy is. I used to hate DP (I've croaked there lots) but I've come to really like it now. Mind you, on day ~650 those snares are a LOT less productive; I've got four out in the exact same spot you do and I'm only pulling a rabbit every three or four days.

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2019 at 11:42 AM, stratvox said:

I see your guy is hanging out in the same place my guy is. I used to hate DP (I've croaked there lots) but I've come to really like it now. Mind you, on day ~650 those snares are a LOT less productive; I've got four out in the exact same spot you do and I'm only pulling a rabbit every three or four days.

I think there is another mechanism in place for you, i.e. resource exhaustion for a given map. I should not have this problem *fingers crossed*.

BareSkin32- D28 [Cinderella ]

- Next morning: 3 rabbits for 6 snares since last morning.

- Efficiency is enough to maintain a Cinderella in OIC if all snaring spots are created equal

- The 3 rabbits, as expected, give me Harvest5

screen_8d4166c0-836a-4756-a9d8-f07f709b279f_hi.thumb.png.1161aa6fe71645e3d42481a94f108626.png

- Around noon, last travel to Hibernia for taking some tea to warmup before Prince Charming meetup

- I take the reishis, and the wolf pelt. Yes, the one who killed my lil'bro Bareskin27. I’ll put my skinny ass on it while waiting for midnight.

- Can’t believe I leave so many matches and some much food.

- Can’t believe I’m actually repairing clothes just for practising Mending

- I tear down 2 thin wool sweaters, and 2 military coats, crying on them.

- Eat some canned food before my last big sleep-heal back to 100% health.

• Like 1

BareSkin32- D29 [Cinderella ]

- Only two days before the big night! I hope it’s gonna be as sweet as in a Disney.

- On my way to the Church, I have no father. But I meet a moose. I’ll have to go there via the mine.

- Never seen this Moose before, no wonder he’s killed @tulkawen before, he chose the only chokepoint of the map, the Bridge.

- Bear near the mine, it’s big-game-day today…

screen_4b0c814c-f367-4d91-a2f3-e7d3d67852ff.thumb.png.33d6898abf9650cdd10cc44644ad916e.png

-It’s actually respawn day, since I find 5 coals that weren’t here yesterday evening

-4 rabbits on 6 snares, I replace the 4 snares but I know I’ll probably never see them again

- harvesting 1kg rabbit barehands takes 15min (+56calories) with harvest5: I can pull 2 rabbit for every complete cycle of watermaking

- Begin crafting the bedroll

- temperature science during the day while sharpening knife

image.png.863f1ce8090b9955f3ea7210486cd467.png

It seems that Voyageur actually doesn't drop the temperatures over time that much. In Interloper, that's brutal.

image.png.f6483ac2a1bd75a85b14209f74db2d9a.png

Seems there's a baseline, modified with "cold morning" option. There's also a "blizzard" modifier (this -24°C right in the afternoon)

- The snow shelter option seems like an always-possible solution in Voyageur, just need to sleep in the afternoons, and away from patrolled paths.

- Since the last Milton Dispatch, I pronounce Voyageur correctly, with my very nice french accent :D

- I remove all my clothes, for mental training. And for washing a bit before the big day, it's been 28days I didn't wash.

screen_acbbfb47-9111-4632-94c7-233ed364b5ae_hi.thumb.png.f1a904c3ff41c78b360b25f60bf98a82.png

- craft and cook some tea, I leave it near the fire for night 30 to brake the ice with my lover.

- Cook rabbit in the evening for tomorrow's romantic dinner 

- When I can't craft the bedroll anymore, I go for my last lonely night

Edited by BareSkin
typos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BareSkin said:

Never seen this Moose before, no wonder he’s killed @tulkawen before, he chose the only chokepoint of the map, the Bridge.

He chokepointed more than the bridge. He got me under the bridge when I was checking the truck. If I ever spawn at DP on Loper, no way hose am I going near that truck within rifle shot. Forget the possible prybar spawn, I'm not getting my ribs in a twist.

Interesting statistic. It seems the temp is coldest between 6 and 8 am. I'd have thought it would be during the night around 3am.

Edit: Actually, he didn't kill me. Just reduced my health to 40% during the first hour of my game and then I froze limping to Hibernia.

Edited by tulkawen

9 hours ago, tulkawen said:

If I ever spawn at DP on Loper, no way hose am I going near that truck within rifle bow shot

Since there is no living deer nearby, you could here it without any doubt before being in any danger range.

9 hours ago, tulkawen said:

Interesting statistic. It seems the temp is coldest between 6 and 8 am. I'd have thought it would be during the night around 3am.

It seems that the baseline temperatures is divided into 2 chunks of 12h, I often see disruption (lack of continuity) around noon. The mornings see a lot of variations, while afternoon seems pretty much always the same.

• Upvote 1