Why even bother using lights in caves when you can see like day ?

TheHunter280

3 hours ago, Ducky335 said:

This makes me curious what your brightness settings (TV or In-Game) are set to. Cause I can't see jack-**** at night, or in caves xD Granted I like it that way, but still.

I think there might be some issues with some systems.  I'm playing on an Xbox One hooked up to a big screen TV.  I have no issues seeing things with lots of other games, but for this one I have the gamma set at 145% and I still can't see jack at night, in caves (even during the day), or most houses at night.   I've watched a few Youtube videos  displayed on the same TV and I can see way more in their videos in the same locations where I'm having so much trouble seeing when I'm playing.

• 3 weeks later...

I play on PC, and sometimes caves are "bright" enough not to use lighting, but mostly are too dark.
I actually was wondering if there's some sort of feature I'm triggering (or not), because I'd rather just not use any lighting features if I don't have to. I have been in and out of various mines, with them being too dark, then too light, and it has nothing to do with the time of day. The brighter option has a sort of green tint about it... guess I ought to take a screen shot next time I encounter one, instead of just thanking the RNG. :lantern:

One little thing regarding light levels inside of houses I (think) I noticed, is that it gets slightly brighter after I rip up curtains. Has anyone else experienced this?

In caves I find it varies from cave to cave – some have plenty brightness, but others are complete blackout.

3 hours ago, musrass said:

One little thing regarding light levels inside of houses I (think) I noticed, is that it gets slightly brighter after I rip up curtains. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, I've noticed and appreciated it too, it's decently realistic.

11 minutes ago, Hawk said:

I haven't paid any attention to the ripping up curtains thing. I'll have to pay closer attention next time. Thanks for that tip.

It's just weird that some caves are bright enough to not need light while some houses are so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face.

In some tunnels you start seeing the shade of the walls after a while, I don't know if it's related to the weather outside, it would be weird but not impossible. And then there's the Pleasant Valley Barn, which according to my investigation is the resting place of a 4th generation Lasombra.

Archived