The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.46 [44395]

Admin

THE LONG DARK - Hotfix to v1.46 [44395]

Hello community,

We’ve just hotfixed The Long Dark to v1.46 [44395] to address some issues that surfaced since our REDUX Update in December. 

NOTE: Please be aware there are WINTERMUTE story spoilers in the changelist.

If you encounter issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter.

You’ll find the complete changelist for the hotfix below.

CHANGELIST v1.46 [44395] 

General

*[ALL] Fixed issue causing Wolves to become stuck in their howling animation and unresponsive to the player.
*[CHALLENGE MODE] Fixed an issue where the game would need to be reloaded after changing languages in order for the change to take effect.
*[CHALLENGE MODE] Fixed issue preventing the Old Bear from reacting to the player during Hunted Part Two if they had transitioned indoors numerous times during the Challenge.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue where a Mackenzie VO line about the locked bank vault could be triggered multiple times in a row in Episode One.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing Grey Mother to float if a Deer Hide was placed under her chair.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that kept some cinematic sequences from triggering when a player placed the Bear Spear on the ground in Episode Two. Players can no longer place the Bear Spear from the Radial Menu.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing the interior of Trapper’s Homestead to appear briefly prior to a cinematic at the beginning of Episode Two.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing the “FINISHED” option displayed during NPC dialogues to be missing Italian and Polish localization. 
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing the “Crumpled Note” to appear twice at the Maintenance Shed in Broken Railroad during Episode Two.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue with the Old Bear’s pathing to prevent it from running into a cave wall during the “What One Man Can Do” mission in Episode Two.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that would sometimes leave the player with a black screen after an encounter with the Old Bear in Episode Two.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing a brief visual anomaly to appear prior to the beginning of the final cinematic in Carter Dam at the end of Episode Two. 
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing out-of-sync subtitle timing during the Old Bear encounter inside the Crummy in Broken Railroad.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing the Campfire associated with the Hank’s Hatch side mission at Mystery Lake’s Unnamed Pond to burn indefinitely.
*[WINTERMUTE] Added animation to the red cloth around the Bear Spear when returning to Jeremiah at the end of the “What One Man Can Do” mission in Episode Two.

Art

*[ALL] Fixed various environment art issues.
*[ALL] Fixed issue that could cause cupboard doors to appear out of place in various interior locations.
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing the Breyerhouse Winter Crew Warning note to display incorrectly when examined.
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing wildlife carcasses to sink into the snow at various locations in Mystery Lake.
*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed issue causing items to float and overlap in the Maintenance Shed due to the new Forge location. 
*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed an issue where breaking down furniture inside a building could sometimes cause kitchen cabinet doors to become offset.
*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed issue causing a lamp to float after breaking down a table in the Milton House location in Mountain Town. 
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing papers to float after breaking down a table in Mystery Lake Camp Office.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing a Tinder Plug to become embedded inside a chair in Trapper’s Homestead.

Gameplay

*[ALL] Fixed issue that kept players from being able to interact with objects after rapidly equipping and throwing Stones.
*[ALL] Fixed issue preventing proper Rifle Placement on the wall mount inside the Broken Railroad Hunting Lodge.
*[ALL] Fixed issue where players could become trapped after crawling inside a pipe outside Carter Hydro Dam.
*[ALL] Fixed issue preventing players from placing Hacksaws and Arrows on flat ground.
*[ALL] Fixed issue that allowed players to interact with an invisible terrain barrier near the tunnel in Forlorn Muskeg that connects to Mystery Lake.
*[ALL] Fixed issue that incorrectly allowed Placement of Clothing items on top of Fires. 
*[ALL] Fixed issue preventing players from using the keyboard to select weapons during a Wolf Struggle.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue where players could incorrectly place items above NPCs, making the items appear to float.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue preventing players from picking up various loose Rifle Ammunition in Forlorn Muskeg.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that kept some objective information for the “Survival School” side missions from being visible to players. 
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue blocking the completion of the “Start a Fire” objective if a player had already placed a Campfire prior to the objective kicker appearing on screen. 
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed an issue where Mackenzie could become stuck near the cave to leave Milton at the end of Episode One.

User Interface

*[ALL] Fixed issue where, while Charcoal is equipped, the Ammunition UI would appear when bringing up Quick Stats.
*[ALL] Fixed issue that kept the New Location Discovered kicker from appearing after finding Mackenzie’s crashed plane.
*[ALL] Fixed issue where Clothing item slots would remain highlighted after closing the Clothing menu and switching between keyboard and gamepad.
*[ALL] Fixed issue where the HUD would display the Rifle Ammunition count on the wrong side of the screen when putting the Rifle away or switching equipped items.
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing text to overlap when the “RELOAD” command appears after equipping the Distress Pistol.
*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed issue causing overlapping text to display when interacting with Cairns.
*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed issue causing the Map screen to run out of memory and stop displaying icons for newly mapped locations.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed an issue with overlapping text on Jeremiah’s Storage Bin.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing the incorrect name to display for some locations on the Save/Load screen.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing the Knowledge item for frozen corpses to be missing from the Journal after the tutorial kicker appears on screen.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed an issue where the wrong location would appear on-screen when inside the Bear Cave in Episode Two.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed an issue where the Journal would not update when Mackenzie retrieves the Bear Spear in the cave during the “What One Man Can Do” mission in Episode Two.

Linux

*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that kept the final Episode Two cinematic in Carter Dam from triggering if a player had an item in Placement mode as the sequence was about to begin. 

Windows/Mac/Linux

*[ALL] Fixed an issue where changing key bindings could alter the appearance of the description text when equipping certain items.

Xbox One

*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue preventing players from picking up the Storm Lantern and Torch from the shelf in Trapper’s Homestead at the beginning of Episode Two.

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

Thanks for the update Hinterland!

Unfortunately I still crash 100% of the time in Milton after enter/exit a house 6 times with vsync off and 3 times with vsync on.

Hope you can find the reason and fix it soon.

I will start a new game in Milton and retest it. Also will test PV where it also happens.

15 minutes ago, Sito said:

Thanks for the update Hinterland!

Unfortunately I still crash 100% of the time in Milton after enter/exit a house 6 times with vsync off and 3 times with vsync on.

Hope you can find the reason and fix it soon.

I will start a new game in Milton and retest it. Also will test PV where it also happens.

Please contact our Support Team at www.thelongdark.com/Support rather than leaving this information in a thread. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Hawk said:

Since GOG still hasn't released the 1.4.5 patch, I wouldn't look for the 1.4.6 patch until the end of the month or even after the first of Feb.

GOG averages about 10 days behind. The 1.4.1 update took about 16 days, but there was the holiday in that mix. 1.3.5 took 9 days and 1.3.7 took 11 days.

So far, as of today, it's only been about 8 days since the release of 1.4.5.

Filing an issue with them probably isn't going to make any difference. I don't believe they really care that much.

Honestly... I don't care if this makes any difference or not. This is IMHO a really crappy release strategy by GoG and if I can even make the slightest kind of pressure to get TLD updates released any faster on GoG, that's worth my time and effort.

I feel really bad because in the past I always blamed Hinterland for these ridiculous long release delays on GoG. But now that I know better I gonna pester GoG until this finally gets better.

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

I like the idea of you pestering GOG, even though I doubt it will make a difference. Especially considering they no longer make any money from TLD sales.

You go for it though. I'd like to see some changes made at GOG.

If they reply at all, my guess is they'll try to blame Hinterland.

That's why I asked here if Hinterland already uploaded the v1.46 release. I'd like to have that confirmed before I start pestering GoG again. So they cannot really claim they didn't receive the update.

18 hours ago, Polynomial-C said:

Did you already send this to GoG? They are (surprise) still at v1.44 and once you've confirmed you pushed v1.46 to GoG I can (again) file an issue there.

We submitted the build to GoG late last night.

On 1/19/2019 at 12:15 AM, Sito said:

Yeah my sound cuts in and out a bit when inside

It seems to happen when the background noise to too "busy". Like, just wind is fine, and Just waterfall is fine, but waterfall and blizzard makes my sound "stutter". Like ti can't process all the information. It's like the auditory equivalent of frame rate dropping.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:33 AM, stratvox said:

Nice! Any idea when you folks'll get to update the version of Unity used to build to the one that has the fix for the linux graphics corruption problem? Or does this one have that? It was apparently fixed in Unity v 2018.3. https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/linux-nvidia-graphical-corruption-in-many-games-possible-regression

Note: This fix is being backported to 2018.3, likely to land in 2018.3.4f1

As I understand it, Unity still has to backport it (current stable release is 2018.3.2). Hinterland is currently using 2018.2.14f1.
So, wait for Unity, then wait for Hinterland to update the engine in its build (I guess that's a big step). Then wait again for them to fix all the bugs that are currently braking the gameplay (on linux, at least).

I'll come back in 3 months...

• Admin unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived