Warning Indicator (HUD)

UTC-10

It is not my problem, watching a play-through, but I thought I'd put in that when someone has gotten the frostbite affliction with its 10% condition loss, the "yellow" warning indicator still seems to persist on the HUD. It might be that the player is still at risk of eventually getting another case of frostbite risk (and the affliction if nothing is done) but it would appear that the indicator still shows even though the status shows no immediate ongoing risk. Naturally it shows the actual affliction suffered but there is no new frostbite risk.

A warning that persists even when there is nothing new happening or just signaling that 'yes you have the frostbite affliction' can be a real false alarm and if you miss the initial notification of something new (or forget) you may ignore the warning until the affliction actual hits. 

Maybe something can be done about that. 

10 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

Maybe something can be done about that. 

The redux updates have brought many new symbols, messages, notification, and alarm display styles. 
Some of the updates look really nice, but hopefully someone at the HDT has been selected to conduct an alarm management assessment for TLD.

It is possible to deduce that the voice actor stating "I've never been so hungry..." is a notification of less than (500) calories remaining.
Maybe an alert for when well-fed buff is at risk due to critical low calories remaining should be a more intrusive alert, (similar maybe to the new center-screen notifications).

As for the frost bite risk reaching a critical level; maybe a critical alert should require an acknowledgement somehow.
Perhaps a new animation where we begin to stumble, (similar to the sprains), so we must view our affliction risks and choose ignore to allow frostbite affliction.
This reply only offers some rough ideas, but the OP has made a great call-out. :coffee:

An other little mistake is if you have frostbite, signalled by a red sign in the inventory, the little afflictions icon will stay yellow.

RERRRR.png.8ae39df43e5da0f2fd49fcb0cea4d070.png

5c40b747d41ef_HELP!!!!.thumb.png.34a68e0839e0e2a3be7468e742a612bb.png

Archived