Cross country ski

BosseJr

Something that irritates me a bit is when i for example walk in forlon muskeg and just want to get to the other side is speed. I think that adding a pair of cross country skis into the game whould be awesome. So that it doesnt get overpowered it could make you cold because of wind, it could give you -5 degrees celsius or something like that. It could also make you fatigued faster if your going upwards. To be able to use the ski you need to find both ski and ski boots. 

Please write improvement and things that could be changed whith this idea. :-)

Interesting.  I don't know if you've ever used Cross-country skis, They don't use downhill boots that are present in the game, but it would be easy enough to add the appropriate boots.  For gameplay balance this would have to be offset with more of a detriment than cold. 

1.  - Reduced ability to fight back wildlife while in Skis due to limited mobility (currently Struggles are wildly random so this would be a design change) 

2.  - Takes a moment to remove them and put them on. (prevent player from gaming the system to avoid limited mobility)  but I know in real life its zippy

3.  + Drains fatigue bar faster than walking, but slower than running.  Player speed could be equal running.

4. + Player can "coast" downhill at no fatigue loss, uphill drains it more than flat ground

5.  - Player has an extreme increased chance of injury if attempting to uses the Skis over/down/near rocks.

6.  - When not in use and carried they weigh the player down by a few kg (2-5kg)

Archived