bone soup

trickofthetrades

If you open the basement door you'll find, in a candle-lit room, a cougar, sitting at a table, cleaning a revolver while sipping hot wine from a thermos waiting for a pot of broth to cook, and you'll see a pair of snow shoes and a sled in a corner.
Seriously, it's a frequently recurring wish. One I share because a renewable warm beverage is really something we lack. Sometimes someone asks for stew.

i mostly want broth for the sake of realism. in siberia people eat broth when there is lack of food, they mostly collect fish bones and boil them dowm immditly because broth doesnt spoil that fast as fish bones and its extra calories.

by fish bones spoiling i mean not the bone itself but the inedible parts tail and head, the bones themself have calories aswell but its pretty low.

a way that maybe would be a balance factor is when fish bones spoil as in condation loss they dont dissapear but make less calories when you boil them down.

another way to balance it, to not make fish overpowerd is that you need 3-5 heads and tails and bones pile to make a single broth dish but thats stretching it a bit.

Archived