Rifle skill vs. handling animations & Tin can heater

Moll

1. I think it would be nice touch, if your character can handle rifle, or other weapons with more confidence when increasing character skill. That means handling the bolt, reloading etc. In the highest rank you should be able to cycle bolt fast, while you are aiming. For flare gun, you insert a new shell right after empty shell extraction.  Its slighty based on Escape from Tarkov and also "Practice makes perfect".

2. For interiors, where is no fire place nor stove is craftable can heater (or stove) comes handy. It can heat one small tincan, or provide emergemency source of heat. Its crafted from old can, one cloth and it consumes one fire accelerant for one hour.

Something like this:

CAN2.JPG

Let make empty tin cans even more useful!  :coffee:

Feel free to discuss.

• Upvote 5

I found nice video about tin can stove. It leads me to require knife for crafting. Maybe it could be here more than one version (fire accelerant version vs oil version).

Last day i have played MIlton i ha ve been trapped in cabin under construction. If i would have this small stove, i wouldnt freeze to death.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of the can being used as a small stove. To balance it it would need to take condition damage so eventually it would become unusable. A good use for all the cans that end up being just left standing around.

If you have to shoot the rifle like that then you need to be a bit more tactical, although I understand you are saying the level 5 skill should allow us to chamber another round a bit quicker.

I know, can durability could be based on time when active (like 1 % per one hour ingame), unlike pot, what is based on count of burned food, i think.

I also think about bow, how bow kill can upgrade bow behaviour, like improved model with more power.

How to improve your bow when you researched your bow skill: 

FMLZUQGHI3TJZBT.LARGE.jpg

You need extra sampling and three lines. Lethality and range significantly increased, however its more complex and it degrades faster, more chance to break your arrow.Designed as better weapon against big game.

Edited by Moll

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I like it. Very much. Changing your handling anims as you improve your rifle skill will be a lot of work. But it would be immersive. I own Escape from Tarkov and they did a great job. However i would keep "civilian" manner to handle a guns.

That smal lstove would be great into some interiours where is no fire place. O even in wilderness it coud me more resistant to wind, but it takes time to heat your cofee cup. Maybe not able to boil it.