If i complete ep. 2 redux will i have all blueprints?

Inlou

Hi @Inlou - I don't know about the blue prints, but Wintermute is a story - so episode 2 is like the end of a season on tv - the story pauses while we wait with baited breath for Episode 3.  Once you finish it you can't play that play through as a general survival while waiting for Episode 3.  You could I suppose load up an old save and muck about. :)

I should've simplifyd it better. Is all craftable clothing and items available by the end of episode 2 that is in the regular survival. I wanna make sure I end up with everything you guys have put in the game so far by the end of episode 2. If not I would prefer to just play survival for now and get fishing gear/ the bear spear/  other things and wait for episode 3 if those items aren't in story mode yet

Actually I found the answer online. But I do have another question. Is there a quest I can not do too keep playing story mode as a survival mode or something or does the game just not let me continue playing after a certain part

Well if you don't finish the last main quest in Episode 2 you can probably wander around indefiniately.  But you are limited to the maps Episode 2 takes place in.  If you start up a Survival game, you start with all of the blue prints and have access to all of the maps the game currently has.  There's nothing to drive you from map to map but your own curiosity, and at higher difficulties a lack of critters to eat.  I love survival mode.  :) 

Me too haha. That's why I wanna know if I can just continue ep 2 as survival plus bear spear cause I read it's not in survival yet. I'm at the start of ep2 as we speak. Lol obviously I don't even have a rifle or fishing gear but I grinded out rabbit skin hat n gloves before leaving Milton . Will deer fish moose n what not respond in story mode. Thank you by the way.

You're welcome :) I haven't seen a moose yet in storymode, but I have seen the deer respawn.  And wolves, lots and lots of wolves.  I haven't seen any bears other than old bear and I find the bear spear really heavy and draining.  Rabbits come back, so I suspect fish do too.

I'm guessing the idea is that by the end of episode 5, we would have most (if not all) blueprints.  I'm sure you've discovered that you don't have access to everything you do in surv but I see no reason you could not continue playing, but why?  In surv, you have access to everything (items, zones, etc.) so why not spend your time there?

I think you don't need any of the skills later. If it would be important, than Hinterrland would've made sure that you've learned it while playing the story.

Maybe there will be a quest that is going to be easier if you have learned the skill, or they will "force" you to learn a specific one later if it's important. My bet is, that these things are for players to learn for survival mode - like a tutorial within Wintermute without having any impact on storymode itself.

So no, i don't think you have to worry at all about the skills or sidequests when pregressing Wintermute.

Archived