two burner stove bug

galadhlinn

Hello,

I searched cooking bugs but didn't see what I'm experiencing, so posting this.

The two-burner stove in camp office seems bugged.  Every time I put two pots of water or two steaks to cook, put in enough fuel to complete the cooking process and leave, I  come back to find the right side did not complete.  This occurs if I just want to melt the water, if I want to boil the water or completely cook steaks.  If I stay and watch the stove, the process completes normally.  I have tested this now five times with consistent results.

Lends a new twist to the saying: A watched pot never boils.  : p

5 hours ago, galadhlinn said:

I have tested this now five times with consistent results.

Welcome to the forum @galadhlinn.

For a moment there was some doubt, but testing this has shown that the 2-burner stove is working properly.
At first just looking at the pots the new lighting effects caused some confusion , however, the boiling process did complete properly in both pots while the survivor was walking along the lake trail.
20190113163426_1.thumb.jpg.1df9e02895bd7dec0cf39cfa9930b4e1.jpg
Used a fire that indicated 1 minute more burn time than cook time, upon return the fire was burned-out and all boiling was complete.

Outdoor campfire vs. Indoor wood stove:
The issue may be due to expecting the fire to burn longer than indicated, (but that "burn time bonus" is for outdoor campfires only).
By comparison; the indoor stove will burn for the time indicated +/- a minute or two during the ember stage, (embers continue cooking process).

Note: Each pot has an indivigual cooking timer, if you fill the left pot first it will finish first, (easy to learn and difficult to master, TLD is). 

Good Luck my friend. :coffee:

Archived