The long dark release on nintendo switch? (new video upload on youtube.)

Alyosha

Greetings community,

This may or may not be a redundant question, but I am very much looking forward to a release of "The Long Dark" on Nintendo Switch. Therefore I have been trekking through the depts. of the interwebs, trying to find confirmation on that particular subject, or at least any news. One of the very first places I looked was of course this forum. Alas, my search on the official forums didn't turn up much of any weighty information that I was not already aware of.

Then I entered my search inquiry on Google and one the hits I got was an YouTube video uploaded by an account named "NintendoGalaxy" The video was uploaded on 08.01.19. The video itself contains some, to me, never before seen footage. I was of course about as exited as the lone survivor when his snare has yielded results. However I could not find any mention of this video anywhere else, so I just assumed it to be a fake. Now I come back to the official forums with my tail between my legs, just hoping that the video is somehow not fake. Have anybody else seen the video? Anyone with any more information? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

(Not providing a link to said video-upload was intentional. I'm not sure if it is in good taste, should the video be found to be fake.)   

• 1 month later...

dude, you're the most recent mention I've heard of this, I believe it was confirmed to be one of their upcoming advancements, but I've just found the tracks to go cold at a certain point, I think it doesn't have enough support and it might be that the projects just died and gone silent, I mean I really wish for it to appear, but I don't even know what's happened, it was referred to officially I believe in mid November last year, but nearly nothing else noticeable has occurred except that trailer, which again, as you've mentioned, appears highly falsified, I think it was an idea at one point, and is fully possible, id be excited to buy it if it came out, believe me. I just think they abandoned the project, or are slowly working at it right now, but I cant be too sure. I'd really like for them to lay any mention of it, even if it was to be tossed, but seriously, my question at this point is, if, and when will it be in the works? Fingers crossed likewise.

We are working to bring The Long Dark to Nintendo Switch, however, that is in progress and we have no details other than that.

Any video of The Long Dark running on a Switch is not official. Please provide us with a link to this video so we can examine it. 

Thank you.

Archived