Almost died... Again. I love this game

xXTacocubesXx

To preface, this is my 60 day stalker run, which I'm hoping down the road will lead to 500 days. I spent several days in Coastal Highway crafting two wolfskin coats, a rabbit hat, and a bearskin bedroll. I also took a trip to DP to make some arrowheads and made 10 arrows for my bow in CH. After a ton of crafting, cabin fever risks, and wolf attacks, I was set, and made a trip to Pleasant Valley, from which I could head to Timberwolf Mountain to find an expedition parka. I was carrying a ton of unread skill books. I spent a few days inside a car by the farmstead, doing nothing but reading. Once I was out of food, I had a few new skill-ups and was feeling pretty confident. I stored my completed books, including a 25 hour advanced guns read, inside the glove compartment for the next survivor to discover. I made my way towards Signal Hill in the hopes of finding good loot and more food. Then my idiot ass let this happen: 

http://prntscr.com/m5xaog

http://prntscr.com/m5xe7c

I love this game.

Harrowing tale.

One of my favorite things about TLD is that unlike every other game, shooting your way out of your situations is always a last-resort, rather than your first.  If there's a solution that involves holstering your rifle, that is almost always the better path.

Glad you made it out alive.  Enjoy the jacket.

28 minutes ago, NardoLoopa said:

Harrowing tale.

One of my favorite things about TLD is that unlike every other game, shooting your way out of your situations is always a last-resort, rather than your first.  If there's a solution that involves holstering your rifle, that is almost always the better path.

Glad you made it out alive.  Enjoy the jacket.

Indeed. Easily could have let the aggro'd bear be but I couldn't resist that tasty bear meat and hide. Tbf I made sure I gave myself plenty of distance between me and him but it wasn't nearly enough. I was lucky I went in there with such tough clothing and full health with well fed bonus. I needed literally every ounce of that health.

*Totally worth it"?! 

You got two clothing items that were slightly better than what you had on, and it came within an inch of costing your life? 

I'm not sure two bear maulings and a wolf fight in quick succession should ever be considered "worth it"! Still, good story! 

Archived