Sign in to follow this  
galadhlinn

Is there a post/page that shows the Stalker mode represented in custom?

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm new to custom settings, and making changes seems akin to tweaking windows registry.  I'm wondering if there is a post/page that shows all the Stalker settings represented in custom.

What I'm after is basically Stalker with wolves tuned down a bit, but not to voyageur level.  Voyageur is too easy.  Stalker seems just right except the wolves are so far out of my experience living with wolves in rl on the U.S./CA border that, for me, it is a major distraction from an otherwise good experience.  I want wolves to be a threat and a danger, but I want to be able to reasonably avoid them if I'm careful.  With my limited experience in custom, it seems my only option is voyageur wolves or stalker wolves.  I don't want to change anything else in stalker.

Thanks for your input

When you're on the Custom Settings page, at the top, you can toggle through the existing difficulty levels to see the settings for each.

Be aware that when you initially get to the custom setting page, at least the last time I looked, that it will be misleadingly set by default to "Custom".  Some players wanting to play "Custom" select that not realizing that that initial "Custom" mode has a lot of things turned off which can make possibly for a tougher long-term survival mode than even interloper. You need to change the mode setting to "Stalker" then make changes which will make that a custom(ized) mode of the standard Stalker mode and the mode title will change confusingly to "Custom". 

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies.

I did not notice the ability to toggle through the preset difficulty modes.  If it is what I imagine, then it's exactly what I was wanting, start with stalker and tweak the wolves settings.

Right now I'm trying out +18k-VkEU-BRBx-FoVp-VAAA, but I will try starting with Stalker settings and tweaking only wolves next.

• Like 1

You can turn the wolf population down a bit, or you can turn their aggressiveness down, or their detection range, or the struggle damage. Or combinations of that. 

I like to put the Wolf Fear setting on to "high", because this makes them less predictable - sometimes they run away from you, but most often they still track you and will attack if the detect you. It also brings the effects of wearing wolf- or bear-skin coats into play much more noticeably. 

2 hours ago, Pillock said:

You can turn the wolf population down a bit, or you can turn their aggressiveness down, or their detection range, or the struggle damage. Or combinations of that. 

I like to put the Wolf Fear setting on to "high", because this makes them less predictable - sometimes they run away from you, but most often they still track you and will attack if the detect you. It also brings the effects of wearing wolf- or bear-skin coats into play much more noticeably. 

I personally have a problem with being stalked by animals, so much so that the whole bear hunt part of wintermute season 2 is really not fun xD So what I usually do is set the aggressiveness of wolves and bears to high, but make them passive. That way if I provoke something by accident, it's a real treat. But at the same time I'm also not being stalked constantly.

To balance this offset, I usually set my weather settings higher to compensate for the fact I'm not in much threat of death or injury from animals.

• Upvote 1

The custom configure I posted above seems to be working real good so far.  I died once two days in to a wolf, but I got too close when I was 2/3 health from hypothermia coming back from a long excursion.  With this setup, if I keep my distance and don't have meat on me, I can avoid an encounter, if I choose, but carrying meat or not staying aware can result in end of game, so that's where I want it.  All other settings are basically Stalker.