The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.45 [44231]

Admin

Hello community,

We’ve just hotfixed The Long Dark to v1.45 [44231] to address some issues that surfaced since our REDUX Update in December. 

NOTE: Please be aware there may be WINTERMUTE story spoilers in the changelist.

If you encounter issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter.

You’ll find the complete changelist for the hotfix below.

CHANGELIST v1.45 [44231] 

*[ALL] Numerous environmental art fixes.
*[ALL] Fixed issue that allowed the player to move between the bed and the wall inside Orca Gas.
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing the loading screen tip for Sprains to appear with incorrect localization. 
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing ambient daytime lighting to appear during nighttime in some indoor locations.
*[ALL] Fixed issue where save file naming conventions were not consistent across all game modes.
*[ALL] Fixed issue where players could simultaneously Cook Meat and Boil Water on the same Cooking surface.
*[ALL] Fixed various issues causing problems with alignment and overlapping text on some UI elements.
*[ALL] Fixed issue where players could become trapped against the rocks near the radio tower in Mountain Town.
*[ALL] Fixed issue causing players to become trapped in a stack of pipes outside Carter Dam in Mystery Lake Region.
*[ALL] Fixed issue with the terrain near the North Tower in Forlorn Muskeg that caused some players to become trapped in the ice.
*[ALL] Fixed issue that kept the Crafting menu from scrolling correctly when using a gamepad or the mousewheel. 
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing the Old Bear to appear invisible during the encounter in Broken Railroad Region in Episode Two. 
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue where the Stamina bar was not displaying when Crouching and Aiming with the Bear Spear.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing some tutorial kickers to appear with incorrect localization.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that allowed players to stack items on Grey Mother.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue where a UI or game element could sometimes appear briefly before the loading screen, when loading a WINTERMUTE save.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing the camera to spin after Mackenzie blacks out during the first encounter with the Old Bear in Episode Two.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issues with the Old Bear’s pathing around the fallen radio tower in Forlorn Muskeg in Episode Two.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that kept the audio from playing when cables sparked inside Carter Dam.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue with the description for the “Snare a Rabbit” Survival School side mission that kept some players from completing the objective.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed typo and updated the description for the Decent Mountaineering Boots given to the player by Grey Mother in Episode One.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that kept snoring audio from playing correctly while Grey Mother sleeps in Episode One.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that caused exploration music to continuing playing during an encounter with the Old Bear in Episode Two.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing Methuselah to continue appearing at Orca Gas during the Leave Milton mission at the end of Episode One.
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that kept the elevator doors from opening in Carter Dam at the end of Episode Two, if a player interacted with them while Mackenzie was speaking.
*[WINTERMUTE] Tuned Wolves in Green Survivor Experience Mode to be less aggressive.
*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed issue with an invisible barrier preventing players from entering a cave in Hushed River Valley Region.
*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed issue with the collision shape for the Hacksaw to make Placing the item easier on various surfaces.
*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed issue that kept several markers from appearing correctly on the game map.
*[SURVIVAL MODE] Fixed issue causing the Radio Tower to appear incorrectly on the game map for Mystery Lake.

Linux Only
*[WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue causing the cinematic to play incorrectly after killing the Old Bear in Episode Two.

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Seems they sorted the cook menu to list UnCooked food first excellent QoL change.

OLD BUG (still present).  Using charcoal does not update the map.  Resources that are not available to harvest/collect for hundreds+ days  still show up no matter how many pieces of charcoal the player uses.

Thanks Hinterland, but my game still crashes entering or exiting a building in Mountain Town. had the same issue in PV but I have not retested it. I also get random freeze when outside and have to alt F4 out. 

Also since the update, the wind sound cuts in and out when inside a building. I have done all the troubleshooting steps.

Anyone have some work arounds? I tried dropping bedroll and sleeping for an hour before I enter a building to force a save but that crashes too.

My current method to not go insane is to go in and out a few times until game crashes then I know I can go do some activity outside and not crash when I return to grey mom's house and get a clean save. Once I dump all my loot inside, I have to force a crash again so I can do any indoor activities like cooking and not lose all that work.

Sleeping indoors does not crash when it saves on waking.

It is a nicely very consistent bug: go in out in out Crash. Or go out in out in Crash. Then I can go do ONE activity like loot ONE building.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:03 AM, Sito said:

Thanks Hinterland, but my game still crashes entering or exiting a building in Mountain Town. had the same issue in PV but I have not retested it. I also get random freeze when outside and have to alt F4 out. 

Also since the update, the wind sound cuts in and out when inside a building. I have done all the troubleshooting steps.

Anyone have some work arounds? I tried dropping bedroll and sleeping for an hour before I enter a building to force a save but that crashes too.

My current method to not go insane is to go in and out a few times until game crashes then I know I can go do some activity outside and not crash when I return to grey mom's house and get a clean save. Once I dump all my loot inside, I have to force a crash again so I can do any indoor activities like cooking and not lose all that work.

Sleeping indoors does not crash when it saves on waking.

It is a nicely very consistent bug: go in out in out Crash. Or go out in out in Crash. Then I can go do ONE activity like loot ONE building.

are you using 32 bit?

Thank you Hinterlands! Awesome to see a new update. I'll have to test and see if the Survival Mode music is back in my current STALKER game or not. Since the last update, I've had no music and it has been very depressing. Considering before that, after Vigilant Flame, my game wasn't playing any of the new music introduced. Now it plays no music in Survival Mode whatsoever. Being a Canadian musician, the music in this game was a huge selling point for me along with everything else about it. So hopefully this fixes the issues. I'm on PS4 and if anyone could help. I't would be greatly appreciated!

Great update in general.

Xbox One X.  Two more minor issues/bugs.  On top of the two I mentioned above (1. Stamina bar, 2. Charcoal not updating the resources on the map)

3. The Bears located at Timber Wolf Mountain have pathing issues and walk in place all day.  Noticed this with the Bear to the "West" of Deer Clearing, and the Bear a bit "North" of the Landing Gear as you enter the Region.  Cardinal directions based on the sun for TWM. 

4.  The mountaineering rope tie point near the Transition of Timberwolf Mountain to Pleasant Valley has an weird elevation change as you walkaround the rope tie rock the ground raises and lowers based on where you stand.  This can cause anything placed on the ground to be covered up by snow, and invisible to the player.

• Admin unpinned and locked this topic