Can You Eat Trees?

Apparently, according to Methuselah, yes you can! 

This is a very, very strong flavor.  Is it pleasant?  Well, he would'n't say so, but, the bark does chew up fairly well.

Raw, boiled or fried is alright with me.

Baked and ground into a flour to make barkcakes, yum.

Far North Bushcraft And Survival channel is enjoyable to watch.  Shows very healthy living off the land.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

pine needle tea.

Last week I just watched that video too.  Lonnie talks about how to spot the differences between black and white spruce trees.  After realizing that the orange pekoe tea that is my morning brew is also from the evergreen family,  black spruce tip tea is now something I really want to try.

• 4 months later...

I have a book that talks about the plants were I live (Norway) and the kids were like MOM are we going to eat the weed now? But pine sprout syrup is nice :) so yes you can eat some trees.. but not all trees.. so be sure to know you flora, we had some unfortunate things happen here we had some people that were on vacation from Thailand and they ate some mushroom that looked like something that have at home but here in Norway it was a poisons one so they all got very ill... so even if it looks the same if its on a different geo point it might be something totally different :) 

• Upvote 1