interior light needs rebalance

kurgut

Well I guess this have been said already, but anyway, once more !

Nice shiny morning in pleasant valley:

7VuRoUF.png

But inside, still kinda dark hum:

8boRYrX.png

the exterior light coming from windows is so tiny, it just make you notice it and illuminates nothing inside.

10 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

My guess is the sun hasn't risen yet so no direct sunlight, but yeah, still seems a bit dark.  Dirty windows, perhaps? o.O

ye, but even with that undirect sunlight should be lighter inside. Maybe^^, didn't manage to wash them yet..

There seems to be a bug. Go inside the house, then go into settings and change something and then resave that change. I go to display and just change my field of view up or down a notch. Then the house interior is bright again. At least for me. 

7 hours ago, kurgut said:

the exterior light coming from windows is so tiny, it just make you notice it

It may be that the new lighting at dawn is showing only the outlines of objects. This change since the Redux updates might delay the full interior brightness but it has also added a helpful low light effect, (as compared to the fully black interior at dawn prior to the updates).
My experience is that the HUD sun dial must fully show the top half of the sun icon before the game allows reading and crafting...then the interior lighting brightens quite a bit in the following few moments. Maybe back-out of the game and recalibrate the wolf logo using display brightness.
Good luck my friend. :coffee:

2 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

I've had nothing but perfect interior lighting since the Redux Update.

Sorry you folks are having issues.

Agreed, once display settings are configured properly, the updated lighting is very nice and allows for night time navigation in most interior areas. :coffee:

10 hours ago, s7mar7in said:

Agreed, once display settings are configured properly, the updated lighting is very nice and allows for night time navigation in most interior areas. :coffee:

yep, (my light settings is correct wolf/logo stuff) however it depends of the buildings, grey mother house you can see in at night without light for instance. But the problem I have is in dawn (sunset displays better from what I saw). But still, in almost all buildings, especially in this dawn time when it's bright outside, you still can see nothing inisde. Maybe just make the interiors be brighter a bit sooner..?

It’s not perfect, but I find that interior lighting is greatly improved since the Redux update.

Mines and transition caves are now properly dark and you need illumination to navigate them whereas previously there was enough light to move about without. Building interiors were never properly dark at night either. Some interiors were totally messed up - the big red barn in Pleasant Valley was particularly bad as it was so dark you needed a torch to find stuff during the day but you didn’t need one at night. Now lanterns, torches and flares are properly useful for illumination in situations that make sense and I make more use of them.

I agree that building interiors do seem to lag compared to outside lighting so that it takes too long for light levels to rise in the mornings and fall at dusk. But that should be an easy fix. Overall though the lighting improvements are definitely on the right track.

I am also having this problem since the update.  I have stopped playing since.  I tried the suggested FOV, brightness, etc. recommendations to no avail.

If it matters I'm running 7700k, 1080ti @ 388.71 (older driver).  The newer nvidia drivers are terrible for another (fps) game, so I'm using the older driver.

Thank you for your assistance in resolving this issue.

5 hours ago, khufure said:

I am also having this problem since the update.  I have stopped playing since.  I tried the suggested FOV, brightness, etc. recommendations to no avail.

If it matters I'm running 7700k, 1080ti @ 388.71 (older driver).  The newer nvidia drivers are terrible for another (fps) game, so I'm using the older driver.

Thank you for your assistance in resolving this issue.

I just tried the latest driver, no change.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed in 1.46 that the interior of the Cinder Hill mine is plenty dark but I can make out enough features to kind of keep me able to move, barely. I would need a lantern or light source if I wanted to pick up coal, for instance, and I didn't traverse the whole mine just a short walk from the Pleasant Valley mine entrance.

I am more I guess angry that now the interior of the buildings, such as cross-road house and the farmstead, are dark as hell with only the windows being visible. A major change from before when, even in the darkest night (i.e. moonless), I could make my way through the house with relative ease. I turned up the brightness to its max 150 and all that happens is the screen washes out and the darkness remains. I remember this kind of situation from a long time ago. It was one reason to walk through a place and momentarily use the ignition of the lantern to get a glimpse to orient yourself. 

I had thought that the back office of the Maintenance shed in Broken Railroad being pitch dark was an anomaly. Now I see that maybe it is where the current adjustments (always difficult for Hinterland to balance) has taken things. 

Archived