kkeemmss

Wolf and other hunters

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Having lots of options in custom game is really good and all, but there is only two options about wolves and other aggressive animals. they hunt me or run away from me like a chicken. i would like option where wolf ignore me not run away. and wolves should always defend their meat.

then i realise that turning passive animals to NO and turning animal detection range all the way down would be something like that, but then all passive animals would be to easy to get

so how about separate slider for passive and aggressive animals and include really close detection range.

ah and what's up with not be able to copy share code from custom game? i have to write it down symbol by symbol

Edited by kkeemmss
  • Upvote 1

A few years back there was an intermittent bug that caused an occasional wolf to attack when playing on Pilgrim. It happened to me and it was incredibly freaky ~ and I dutifully reported the bug. Afterwards though, I realized it was awesome. After that (and before the bug was pinned down and fixed), I kept my saves where I had a wolf doing that. It was so incredibly realistic ~ instead of every animal either attacking or running away, occasionally a wolf would attack. It never affected bears afaik (and moose weren't in the game yet). I asked about this and Raph replied in one of the last Milton mailbags. He said there is a way to do this in the custom settings, but I'm darned if I can figure it out. 

I did ask him to clarify how, but to my knowledge (haven't checked in the past few days because I blew my processor/motherboard thanks to a bad leg on the power supply and I'm on a 12 year old computer which is giving me massive headaches just getting a browser open ~ plus side I'm waiting on parts making for a rather awesome upgrade woot woot!) he hasn't replied. 

I tend to play mostly on Pilgrim since I worked as a wildlife rehabber and the animal behavior is jarring to me. Pilgrim isn't really much better with animals running around caterwauling like babies, but it is the lessor of two evils. Being able to recreate that bug, having a completely random wolf attack would be awesome. I can handle bear and moose since I avoid them unless I'm hunting them ... but wolves are everywhere. Setting up a game where actually being wary around them is required again, without going to the other levels would be awesome. If there is a way to do the same thing with bears and the moose it would be over the top :-)

Posted (edited)

I like the idea of separate sliders for the different types of animals.  Currently I find the rabbit close encounters way too easy to get.

On 1/7/2019 at 4:23 PM, kkeemmss said:

ah and what's up with not be able to copy share code from custom game? i have to write it down symbol by symbol

Don't you people have phones? :)

The problem I have is inserting an image into the text box.  That just does not fit. 

Why not copy the text to the clipboard with an on screen button.  I hear all the new PC have this feature and I heard rumors of keyboard short cuts too.   Paste the code works

You should make a separate wish list item for Copy Custom Codes and give attention to it.

Edited by Ice Hole

I think we should be able to save the codes within the custom menu so that we can just select them and reuse them without typing in anything.

• Upvote 1