kancollemarinesexpert

Rifle Improvement suggestions

8 posts in this topic

1. Let us get a sportorized version of the Hunting Rifle, with less weight, make it a modification you have to do at a workbench possibly? Using a full sized military rifle is cool and all but the thing weighs a lot which is why rifles are sportorized in the first place.
  2. You don't have to fill a speedloader completely to use it; any reload animation that would be faster with a clip than loading individual rounds eg. loading 4 rounds, should be done with the clip instead of loading 4 individual rounds.

LeeEnfield4230.thumb.jpg.95d31746af4a932c80b25b0a8e386dc2.jpg

Here's an example of a sportorized No.4 Rifle

Technically speaking, hunting rifle isnt SMLE, its just loosely based on that. I would preffer single shot break action rifle, but with low power scope.

But sporterised version, why not.  How about turning into a Obrez? Like selfdefence bolt action handgun?

i9k_f-uc_andurydssevpvpskrkobsg91yfe7ou_

I don't mind the weight. I do find it odd that there is ~ one ~ firearm on this entire island. I'm left to speculate if the people who owned them detested them and left them behind and why no person had a shotgun. 

Honestly, I'd rather find one rifle, one shot gun, and one handgun. One of each. No more. No less. 

In all honesty, I keep one. Occasionally I leave one in the Milton Basin so I don't have to lug it in, but even that is iffy. The rest are just recycled and gone. If there were one of each, it would mean juggling your weight limits if you were carrying one and found another. Having only one of each would mean carrying at least one while exploring, deciding which to leave behind, and possibly suffering some consequences due to that choice. 

Packing means splitting your load into three sections. Bedding/sleeping/extra socks, tools and weapons, and food/medicine. We aren't allowed tents, only bedrolls, so there is almost no carry weight there. We don't really have many tools, and don't even need pots or pans to cook ... just a tin can. Food and medicinal items also don't really add up to all that much unless you are toting an entire bear or moose. I usually have enough free pack space I could carry all three (without the moose satchel or the new condition weight increase) without going over.

Posted (edited)

Many people suggested shotguns already, so thats it.

About handguns, they will add revolver. Probably as selfdefence tool, nothing overpowered, but decent .38 Special.

About hunting rifle improvements i am affraid people will start asking for collimators, silencers and other tactical stuff. I am not against optic, keep limits on that.

Edited by Moll

I don't know why you guys are acting like i wanted some excessive options, i'm just saying that having a full sized military rifle with the associated full sized weight is excessive in a game about weight management and survival

Eh, I feel that the balance is perfect as is. You've got the option to use a lightweight weapon with less power and range (the bow) or a high power, high weight weapon (the rifle). The weight's never bothered me before (even less now that we've got the well fed bonus). I just want a single-barreled shotgun.