AURORA FISH!!!

TheEldritchGod

When the night ski is brilliant a strange main-lander breaks ice in the fishing huts

Too many survivors perish while trying to solve the mysteries that are found beneath the ice.

During auroras there will always be hapless victims that peer down into the deep to see what glitters and shines brilliantly.  When suddenly from the depths arrives nasty pointy blinding death via a friggin ice hole!

For Some reason I am intrigued by this idea.

Down south we have Alligator Gar. They get like 7 feet long and are predatory. They live in salt, brackish, and fresh water. Don't know if they would survive in Canada but they do in Illinois although they are rare. I'm pretty sure there would be a Northern equivalent. Maybe pikes are it, I don't really know much about that species. I would love to see a vicious aurora fish.

Edited to add: The scales were also used by primitive peoples for arrowheads and breastplates and the skin makes leather.

I always assumed that this takes place in the west coast region of Canada.  If so, the Smallmouth Bass would not be native to this region.  Their presence is easily explained if they were artificially stocked in the lakes and ponds from a fish hatchery. 

A while back, I had suggested such a hatchery, in the wishlist, for a future map.

2 hours ago, Khan_Drichthyes said:

I always assumed that this takes place in the west coast region of Canada.  If so, the Smallmouth Bass would not be native to this region.  Their presence is easily explained if they were artificially stocked in the lakes and ponds from a fish hatchery. 

A while back, I had suggested such a hatchery, in the wishlist, for a future map.

Well, we have a email about "invasive species". It could be fresh water sharks for all we know. However, pikes are just plain mean. Like russet potatoes.

5 hours ago, TheEldritchGod said:

Well, we have a email about "invasive species". It could be fresh water sharks for all we know. However, pikes are just plain mean. Like russet potatoes.

Gobies.

An unstoppable horde of gobies flying out of the ice hole to attack.

Of course, that's just the diversionary group.  The main group has used the ensuing chaos as cover, in order to steal your sardine cans.

Archived