I need gloves

Io125

I really need you to draw some gloves on character hands, please. It's  just hard to watch my character  holding gun/rifle/some coal with his hand bear, this makes me so uncofortable becouse his/her hands a white and i imagine that they suffered from frostbite.

DPfuhM8U8AAkPD-.jpg

I get what you mean. It may seem really weird and when I was starting to play, I would panic about my gloves being gone, until I got used to it. 
Some (if not most) gloves in the game are not be suitable for handling weapons (most obviously mittens). More importantly, they'd have to make a separate model of hands for every single glove in the game, and also adjust all animations accordingly to prevent clipping with handled objects. 
Too much work with too little effect. 

Additionally you would then need to change the arm animations to match the jacket/tops as well  due to them being  the default starting ones. Perhaps when rest of the episodes are fully released Hinterland will then have time and resources to do the extra graphical tweaks. I admit it initially set off my nerves that my hands would now be frostbitten but yeah you get used to ignoring it after a  while.

Nah, you need to take off your gloves to shoot anyway. You dont have to change model. Just add simple script causing frostbites on your hand when you have gun in low-ready. Frostbite probability would be affected by time how long you have your guns ready, temperature, frost bite settings in general and small random variety.

if gun_is_ready() and frost_bites_allowed then

if math.random(100) <= get_frostbite_prob(param) and timer(global_time) then

set_player_frostbite()

end

end

11 hours ago, loriaw said:

I disagree. So much is touted about the atmosphere of this game, but there are jarring inconsistencies such as this one (using just one set of graphics to cover every clothing style is extremely immersion breaking. Nicer skin textures wouldn't be a bad addition as well. I've done this, and it would not be all that difficult nor time consuming. I realize the devs have a list of priorities, but they appear to have decided to let the 'atmosphere' suffice rather than put a graphics artist to work. It's 32 items (coats, sweaters/shirts, and gloves/mittens) ~ not 32 different styles of armor with each of the separate bits and pieces where you can look at your character in third person, and with many animations. That is time consuming and if you toss in different 'body' and 'skeleton' types, it can be tediously difficult to avoid clipping and all sorts of bizarre visuals.

It does very little to the immersion for me. The gloves are of varying shapes and sizes, and as I already mentioned, some of them are mittens. It's not just about textures. You'd have to actually model the gloves for first person view and then you'd need to adjust animations. And then someone would have to figure out what to do with mittens, since there's no way you're going to animate them correctly.
If anything is immersion breaking, it would be the fact that you can shoot without loosing the benefit of gloves (since unless you're wearing thin ones, they would likely not fit into the trigger guard). 

You are moaning about details. Hinterland has limited resources and they wont certainly model bambilions variants of hands for one miserable detail and wasting expensive time in work. 99 % of people wont notice or appreciate it anyway.

If you so triggered that your chcaracter isnt so detailed, stop playing. Or try a different game.

How about moaning about hunting rifle? Did you notice when you want load more rounds into internal magazine so you should loose round in chamber because its ejected when you open bolt for reloading? Its just small detail. Like gloves or changing hands models. Does it break immersion? Hell no.

Dancing sights is good thing especially when your character isnt intersted in guns or in shooting so character's gun handling is poor. Present form is little weird but it does the job done, especially when rifle uses simple hitscan model. Maybe in future it will be totally overhauled. 

Without trolling features shooting with gun will be stupidly easy.

Archived