I am a fire starter a frozen fire starter.

Anarchyantz

I am not sure if this has been asked for yet but its one thing I have always thought of when trying Interloper (and dying due to it) or starting in Hushed River valley. We as a species have been making fires without matches, fire strikers, lit flares and so on for millennia using nothing but tinder and rubbing sticks together (yes I know its a bit more than that). Sticks are aplenty as are tinder but have nothing to start it with and you are screwed. In basic terms I would love to see a real basic way of getting a fire started. Even if it needs more tinder, sticks longer time and so on.  

I fully agree with this and having played the game sporadically since Early Access, I'm a little frustrated that some form of primitive fire-starting method has not been implemented to this day. 
Magnifying glass is very annoying to deal with (especially since you need to start a fire outside, then carry it home) and you're still unable to start a fire from embers (which can realistically remain hot enough for 6+ hours), so if you're cooking before sleeping and want to make tea or coffee in the morning, you've gotta start a new fire. 

Archived