Wolfs should not attack you if they already have prey

Ghost79

That reminds me of when I fail saving George.  On pilgram I chase a rabbit onto the lake.  I noticed the wolf so my attempt to save George was going to try to scare the wolf off.  Well the rabbit went ahead and before I could react the wolf snatched poor George.  Then I figured I would scare the wolf away anyway.  To my surprise I was attacked. 

I usually play interloper and give plenty of respect wolves, but on pilgram the critters usually are scared.  But this interaction is quite realistic.

Just never get in between a hungry animal and its food.

Welcome to the forums @Ghost79.

53 minutes ago, Ice Hole said:

Just never get in between a hungry animal and its food.

One of my favourite TLD memories is from doing this. It was one of my very first ever games, and I was starving hungry at the Logging Camp. I saw a wolf eating a deer close to one of the trailers, and decided that my only chance to get food and avoid starving to death was to take the deer for myself. So I lit a flare and just ran headlong towards it, hoping to scare the wolf away. It was a do or die move - I didn't know the map or the AI behaviour, it was just something I improvised in the moment because I urgently needed food and I didn't know where else to get it. And it worked - the wolf ran off, whimpering.

It was an immensely satisfying piece of gameplay. Cooking and eating the meat by my campfire afterwards, I felt like a king. 

Of course, I tried it many times since and more often than not I got rewarded only with a faceful of wolf teeth. But the fact that it can be successful sometimes is part of what makes the game fun. You never quite know how an individual wolf is going to behave. 

23 minutes ago, Pillock said:

it was just something I improvised in the moment because I urgently needed food and I didn't know where else to get it. And it worked - the wolf ran off, whimpering.

24 minutes ago, Pillock said:

Of course, I tried it many times since and more often than not I got rewarded only with a faceful of wolf teeth.

That is gold.

Guest kristaok
3 hours ago, Pillock said:

One of my favourite TLD memories is from doing this. It was one of my very first ever games, and I was starving hungry at the Logging Camp. I saw a wolf eating a deer close to one of the trailers, and decided that my only chance to get food and avoid starving to death was to take the deer for myself. So I lit a flare and just ran headlong towards it, hoping to scare the wolf away. It was a do or die move - I didn't know the map or the AI behaviour, it was just something I improvised in the moment because I urgently needed food and I didn't know where else to get it. And it worked - the wolf ran off, whimpering.

It was an immensely satisfying piece of gameplay. Cooking and eating the meat by my campfire afterwards, I felt like a king. 

Of course, I tried it many times since and more often than not I got rewarded only with a faceful of wolf teeth. But the fact that it can be successful sometimes is part of what makes the game fun. You never quite know how an individual wolf is going to behave. 

This. It's quite realistic for a hungry animal to sometimes defend their kill. 

I recently went for a Deer a Wolf killed to take it, the Wolf snarled at me so I head shotted him and I went home with both meats lol. 

Archived