Having a good interloper run but.....

Ahatch

I've finally got a pretty decent interloper run going 40 days which is my best so far :) Started out in Timberwolf Mountain then left after grabbing some cat tails and managed to luck out getting the heavy hammer right away. Made it to PV and spent about 5 days there before food situation became dire and made my way to Coastal Highway. After about day 16 I felt it was time to make for the forge and I have spent the last 24 days in good ol Desolation Point. I got my bow and managed to bag a deer right away and began a nice run of days with my belly full of food. Shot the bear , but he ran and died in an area I couldn't reach (well I wasn't able to figure it out until too late LOL). So I then managed to kill 4 wolves over this time period and they are all cured now but all the wildlife is gone. I have been forced to eat wolf meat for the first time and with only level 4 cooking so things are going to get a bit harry the next while. 

I have a tough choice do I pack up and get the heck off this map taking my hides with me and hope to get the wolf coat done on Coastal Highway in the wolf heaven area at the Quonset. Or do I eat more wolf meat risk intestinal parasites and get the wolf coat here. Leaving has it's share of risks but I was smart enough to leave the dead deer in the cave on Crumbling Highway. I can make a run to there and have a feed before the daring run past that cursed basement. But the problem is my current health bar is low and getting cold is going to send me into the red before I can make for a safe indoor place to warm up. 

Just hoping a deer can spawn again and make it an easy choice but I think it's not that easy LOL

I'm sitting in the cave at crumbling highway no food and have my wolf coats with me, going to kill some bunnies and harvest the deer here and hope to squeak by the wolf here and make it to CH, may try to find a tree or ledge to utilize to perhaps pick the sentry off :) 

Well I've done ok on CH so far got myself a deer right away and cooked that up and packed all my stuff to the fishing camp , crafted some line so I have some fishing tackles now. The big thing is Mr Bear showed up at the camp and I stood by the door of the fishing cabin and shot him broadside with an arrow. Lucky for me he ran the other way and I went back inside had a sleep and woke up to see him lying on the road in front of me. So looks like I can perhaps try crafting here :) 

TLDCH1.png

Qonset isn't that bad on Interloper. You have to be a bit careful as every now and then a wolf can stroll through town and if you're smelly you can draw a wolf from the ice, but often they leave you alone. And the area is really great for sticks. The coal mine close by is also nice. I actually like it to hunt the wolves there for the wolf coats. It's also really great when the moose appears there.

The Fishing Camp is a very nice alternative though. Go up the creek to get the cat tails if you haven't already. There are also several bunny spots up there

Use herbal tea to increase your condition recovery if you have some

Big mistake on my part I did cook most of the bear up and was eating one 0.5 kg chunk a day leaving my parasite 1% chance. I got myself another deer and filled my belly up good. Then I made the fateful mistake I went to the fishing hut in the morning with plans of filling my belly with fish. It was pretty cold out there so I heated my last LAST mushrooms that I had harvested on the Crumbling Highway near the door to mine when it hit. Intestinal Parasites!  I know there are some mushrooms at the bear creek campground and a few along the outskirts of this map but  may have to pack up to Mystery Lake for a better chance of getting enough to cure this infection :( 

TLDCH2.png

I just finished  curing myself of intestinal parasites yesterday and it was tough. It's not so bad to begin with, but as it progresses it gets worse and worse an your maximum health and tiredness slowly diminish. So if you don't have enough mushrooms and antibiotics, I'd recommend looking for them now, because it'll be a lot harder travelling when your character gets weaker and weaker.

Also be careful when you take your antibiotics/tea. I took some in the night and then again in the morning, but I must not have left enough time in between doses, as the 2nd one didn't count. After that I made sure I did it the same time every day. 

It's not all bad though. At least you can eat as much of that bear as you want to now, because it can't make the  parasites any worse now you have them.

Good luck :) 

Yes that's the first thing I did was eat as much bear as possible , just have to lighten my load a bit focus on finding mushrooms  and yes try to get them right away. Bear Creek area a bit dangerous right now for wolves but have to suck it up and risk death to get the mushrooms there. 

Well I'm still kicking and 14 days away from curing the parasites. After grabbing the last 2 pieces of bear meat I made for the little cabin by the Bear Creek Campground. I skirted the edge and made it to the ravine where I found some more mushrooms. So I have enough for 6 more days which means I need to look around Mystery Lake to get the remaining ones and if necessary visit Forlorn Muskeg. I did manage to get the wolf coat finished while eating the remaining bear meat and taking what mushrooms I found at Bear Creek but when I hit the Hydro Dam I was in the red health wise so I will try to recoup here for a day perhaps so I can get my condition up a little bit as the cold is still taking it's toll on my health.  

Wow this is a really intense run! Don't panic just because you're on Team Gutworm. They give out super powers like being able to sleep anytime you want. You can recover really quickly if you have a bit of food and I also vote for ravine and add dam area in ML and maybe Winding River to close mushroom areas. Keep surviving.

Had my first near death experience (health in the red) , spent too much time in that hydro dam and should have been focused on food so went back to the ravine to eat some deer from the carcasses there , going to  have to hunt here for a day to get a little bit of food to try to get the strength to get the remaining mushrooms I need. But the parasites are starting to really slow me down going to be really tough the next few days. 

18 hours ago, Ahatch said:

Bear Creek area a bit dangerous right now for wolves but have to suck it up and risk death to get the mushrooms there. 

Only the very lower part where it flows into the sea. You don't have to go there. There are absolutely no wolves further up. Only the bear

Well I'm half way out of the outhouse hole with 10 more days of this crap to deal with and on the winding river I was able to secure the remaining mushrooms I need to at least give myself a chance to survive. There is a moose hanging out here and I may have to risk death in order to secure a food supply to get me through the last 10 days. I have been traveling back and forth from the damn to the ravine as I managed to bag a nice deer there and secure a few days worth of food. I am also staving off cabin fever by trying to sleep in the warm cave as much as possible and pack firewood from the damn and pick up whatever sticks on the way. The fatigue bar is my enemy right now. I have survived this long into it so I have no idea how bad it's going to get so now is the time to grab as much food as possible to try to gut it out.  I had a couple close calls but just got the well fed bonus back for now but this game may throw me another curb ball yet. :) 

TLDCHD1.png

TLDCHD2.png

I managed to get the moose luckily as I think it would have been very difficult to overcome this issue. The last couple days have been tough that I couldn't muster the energy to do much really . Using the mornings to break wood down in the damn and the evenings boiling water to pass the time and to ward off cabin fever. Never too far from a safe indoor place in case a blizzard blow in.

TLDCHD3.png

Up to day 89 and still alive :) Just a weird glitch tonight when a wolf got stuck in the truck by the Carter Hydro Dam . Was an easy kill LOL and I could go inside the truck harvest some meat go back outside and put it on the fire I had built. I've seen animals glitch before but this one was the most bizarre by far. 

TLDWG.png

Yes 108 days in doing very well except just have 15 matches though so may have to go on a loot run to Forlorn / Broken Railway yet. Living in the far fishing cabin on the lake as I shot the resident bear from the rock outcrop behind the cabin there and have level 5 cooking , so living good. Playing a very safe game not venturing too far into wolf areas. I have been trying to pick sunny days to build my fires using the magnifying glass as often as possible. I have been looking around Mystery Lake for more matches without luck but I have not been to Unnamed Pond (cabin), cave above the camp office (rope climb), and the old destroyed lookout. Have lots of hides and cloth and saplings so looking good. Most of my stuff in the Hydra Dam so I have to make the trip back there soon where I have 2 bows crafted in the locker of the main entrance. 

26 minutes ago, Ahatch said:

but I have not been to Unnamed Pond (cabin), cave above the camp office (rope climb),

You should check those out. There is a 25% chance for a firestriker in either one

EDIT: Also you don't have to use the rope climb to get to Lake Overlook. You can just walk up the hill straight across from the camp office. Much easier than exhausting yourself with that overly long climb

I'm going to venture to the cave above the camp office first , may still use the rope we'll see . There's a wolf patrolling pretty close to the camp office so don't want to chance running into him. I have the well fed buff so I don't have to worry about being too encumbered just have to make sure I have some wood to build a fire on the first ledge. But then again I could take the access road to the south of the camp office and do as you say :) we'll see later.  

Archived