Rabbit hunting

Lonelyloper

Since the redux, has anyone noticed a change when it comes throwing stones at rabbits? I used to just aim the rabbit and knock them over, but lately when I do,  it looks like a clean hit but the rabbit just runs away. But if I aim at the ground just in front of the rabbit and bounce the stone at him, it knocks them over every time.

Anyone else noticed this, or is it just me lol?

They did change something with rabbit aiming, but I haven't quite understood what. I think the change note said that they wanted to make it easier. No idea why as it was simple enough already and shouldn't be too easy. I didn't notice a change in how I aim. Still using the line be line between the fingers as a crosshair. But I seem to hit a bit more. Not sure

From my limited experimentation since the update, I'd say they changed the projectile trajectory as it leaves your hand. The stone would leave your hand and travel in a down and left diagonal, which made aiming from long distances problematic. Now the trajectory seems more like an straight arc, but it looks like you can't throw it with mustard anymore, the stone appears to travel at a slower pace than before and it travels much less after it hits the ground. 

IMO it has been easier to hit, albeit it was never that difficult before. 

Guest kristaok

No offense but if they did make it easier I'm kinda glad because I wasn't good at aiming with rocks hehe. I'm better with bow and gun. 

Guest jeffpeng

They definitely changed it. I used to be quite the sniper, and now I'm like a bloody beginner again. I guess the trajectory is more "intuitive" for beginners now, but as someone who had adapted to the quirks of aiming with rocks it feels really off.

Archived