Survived mode with medical conditions for more difficulty

Jcx70t

Not only battle Mother Nature and dangerous animals but battle medical conditions as well for added difficulty. Such as diabetes and have to monitor a sugar/blood level. Or hemophilia where it takes you like 3-4 times longer to heal from injury’s and so on. 

Guest kristaok

I don't think I'd like that idea... for instance If they added diabetes they'd have to incorporate insulin shots, pills, a testing meter, etc etc. Also with diabetes it's not just feeling sick most of the time (I should know I have it), but it's also worrying about the more dangerous aspects like potential future blindness, neuropathy, fainting, strokes, comas, etc etc. It just wouldn't work in this game. 

Same with hemophilia, which I believe has to do with blood not clotting right... I knew a boy a while back who had that, I'm no expert on it but his mom said they had to basically make sure he never got hurt or he could die. So yea I don't know how that would work, I mean if Will or Astrid got hurt with hemophilia out there they'd pretty much die. 

So both of those instances the diabetes and hemophilia would pretty much be a death sentence out there. 

Now I am not sure a chronical medical condition like the ones suggested is something that could be easily done, even if it is an interesting idea, there is one thing I have been considering...

... what about being able to contract a cold? At completely random. Because having a cold, just a common cold, in "normal" day to day life isn't that big of a deal, but in the Long Dark... :o

Archived