Old Bear fight sux

Moll

Fighting Old bear underground is joke and extreme boring:

1. You cannot save.

2. You loose your fight because your spear dissapears underground after attack, or game doesnt notice you aimed spear and bear will smash you anyway.

3.  When you are attacked by bear and you own a bearkiller spear, you dead anyway, cuz after your comma, you will be attacked immediately again. So basically you need to put three stabs without any fail.

4. 3 stabs required? That isnt even funny...

Jesus Christ, have some mercy. 

So please, allow savings and make fight less broken. I would leave 3 stabs but for higher difficulty.

I had a lot of trouble with it also, until I learned how to mash my mouse button faster.  After that, I noticed I had very little health loss after the struggle.  
You should have enough time after each struggle to either prep for the next one or find a hidey-hole to regroup.  Either way, the autosave should allow you to load a pretty recent save.

Guest kristaok

Don't blame Jesus, it's not His fault... but anyway... I thought the bear cave situation added a whole lot of ooomph to the game, it was kind of nerve racking but in a good way. 

I will say yes it was tough not being able to freely save, but it did auto save and you could reload those. Overall it's not too hard to make it through the cave, run and hide, then grab that spear and stab the old bear 3x to win. 

For me it did glitch though and I stabbed the bear at least 10+ times  until I realized I think something is most definitely wrong because he's not dying, so yea I loaded a previous save and then I was able to kill the old bear. 

I really enjoyed how challenging the bear game level was. I noticed too that I couldn't save but to me it really wasnt a bummer because when I died I go back to a checkpoint which isn't too far back and liked having to do a few things over again until I master it and do it flawlessly. I am usually very good at exploiting the game or finding some way to exploit it - this is no complaint as sometimes its just me finding an easier way to do it when it is too difficult. Actually I don't know if this is truly an exploit or not but if it is, I will post in in the "help us out" forum. Basically, in the cave room with the spear, you can climb on top of the gaint rock in the middle of the room (it has a little tunnel under with a backpack that you can crouch in), so you climb on top of it and get a whole view of the room and where the bear is and where he is going (he won't see you), let him do his patrol route wait for him to get as far away from the spear as he can get (near the entrance where you cam in), then carefully jump down and grab the spear, equip it immediately. It usually takes like 8-15 seconds until he notices you. Do your defense stance when he charges, you will have to do it 2 or 3 times.
I gotta say though I loved this redesign of episode 2 with the bear encounters, fights and bear cave level. It made the predux seem unfinished in comparison. But it is perfect now, in my opinion.

Archived