Sign in to follow this  
heiro

Stuck

9 posts in this topic

I got stuck in this location, chasing a dying wolf...  Thanks to fix this place. I was able to unstuck by myself with alot of try...

screen_(2685, 91, 2324)_06ac5203-25a9-476c-abfa-a7e9751b5ed7.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've noticed one spot where I have gotten stuck on three different playthroughs (so it's pretty consistent).  The spot is in the SE corner of the basin.  If you're looking towards the transition point follow the shoreline to the left into a narrow inlet.  Near the base of the inlet is a little dip beyond a little snow drift on the ice.  As I've walked over this area (generally during a foggy period in the weather), I've seemed to fall in (as the character might on weak ice) and found myself stuck as though I was about waist deep.  On two occasions, I was able to wiggle my way free.  On one other, I had to exit the game and reload at my last sleep point.   I'm playing on an Xbox One in Pilgrim Survival Mode.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 1:24 AM, heiro said:

got stuck in this location, chasing a dying wolf.

This is an issue in the game that for me has made me extra careful where I step. 

The idea is stay to solid ground, look for easier routes and you will have less problems.  The game has no jump which makes the hiking experience uniquely challenging.   When you want to try to learn alternate routes do so carefully.

And purchase some insurance.

32 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I had to exit the game and reload at my last sleep point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ice Hole said:

This is an issue in the game that for me has made me extra careful where I step. 

The idea is stay to solid ground, look for easier routes and you will have less problems.  The game has no jump which makes the hiking experience uniquely challenging.   When you want to try to learn alternate routes do so carefully.

And purchase some insurance.

 

The thing is, my spot appears as a normal spot of wind-blown ice (not snow covered ice and not weak ice).  The terrain is not severe in any way.  It's just a "hole" in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

The terrain is not severe in any way.  It's just a "hole" in the world.

That could be a bug.  To report it take a screenshot. Do you have the debug screenshot like on PC?  Holes in the world are troublesome especially in newer terrain.  I have fallen right through the map and beginning to fall to nowhere I had to exit.  The perma death made me cringe and I did not want to find out when or if I hit something. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ice Hole said:

That could be a bug.  To report it take a screenshot. Do you have the debug screenshot like on PC?  Holes in the world are troublesome especially in newer terrain.  I have fallen right through the map and beginning to fall to nowhere I had to exit.  The perma death made me cringe and I did not want to find out when or if I hit something. 

 

I don't really know how to post a screenshot to the web from my Xbox and I don't have any image hosting membership.  I was hoping that my description of the location would be enough for someone else to retrace my path to find it.  As I said, I have fallen in at the same spot on three separate runs, so it is pretty consistent.  If you look at a map of the Milton Basin, you can clearly see the little "arm" off the main lake in the SE corner.  I noticed in their patch notes that they have already patched a number of these such holes, but they've missed this one so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I don't really know how to post a screenshot to the web from my Xbox and I don't have any image hosting membership.

Usually I just copy and paste.  No hosting needed.

From your description think I will take a hike out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for your posts! We've received a number of reports about areas in Pleasant Valley and Milton Basin where Survivors can drop below the ice.

This is something we are looking into, but it this happens to you we do recommend reloading from your most recent save. If you are ever stuck, be careful not to do actions that might prompt the game to save, such as sleeping or passing time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this