What Hinterland should really add to the game.

guddduidharaah

You know what this game really needs? Mod support.

I've been taking notes of my ideas on what should be added or improved in the game and wanted to share them here and discuss them. But I also have been reading your ideas, and figured that people have many different expectations. Mods would allow players to customize the game to their liking and take some weight off Hinterland, which from what I've heard they can't handle very well.

I know there are mods right now, but I'm talking about officially supporting it. It would encourage community to make use of what's available.

Deleted a post linking to fishy looking external sites. 

Mod Support is something that we have planned for the future but is not currently in The Long Dark. Unapproved mods tend to adversely affect the game’s performance and cause additional work for our Support Team. 

While Mods would allow players to customize the game in ways we currently do not we would disagree with the idea that we are not currently handling the weight of development well. 

All development teams, regardless of size, make decisions on what to focus on and what to expend time and resources on. We are no different. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived