WHY HINTERLAND, WHY?

North

OK, so I realize that the holidays are an important time of year, but you could of pushed back the release of the update to make sure you had time to get more player feedback about bugs, such as:

Wolves getting stuck after catching prey

Wolves getting stuck after howling, which btw they haven't stopped since I entered mountain town, 30 min straight

The cave near Watchful Falls in Hushed RV being In-accessible due to a bush you cant break

and likely more

But most important, WHY CHANGE MILTON!!!! I liked that bridge pass.... and climbing rope behind the house.....

1 hour ago, North said:

But most important, WHY CHANGE MILTON!!!! I liked that bridge pass.... and climbing rope behind the house.....

I've also liked the old MT map with those short cuts, but I guess they wanted to tone down the difficulty for beginners. Maybe it would be an idea to have the new map for the lowest difficulty setting in Wintermute and have the old map layout for the others and the survival mode?

I didn't start Wintermute until I've made some runs in the survival mode mostly at pilgrim (although not on the Mountain Town map). So as I started my Wintermute run I already knew how some things work in the Long Dark. For example the ability to hunt rabbits and drop decoy. The way which leads directly to Milton now was blocked then and I remember I almost died out there and had to retreat to the cave where the episode 1 begins, before I've finally found the way to the cave where you find the sleeping bag. Guess I took too much time looting the scene, collecting wood and hunting rabbits. However, back then you've met at least the wolf outside the transition cave and a bear at the bridge. Then further wolf(es) at the church and one welcoming you after you've entered Milton. For somebody who's just started the game it's quite hard, I guess, even with the possibility to save the game. Maybe too hard at least for beginners? Now you only have to distract one wolf and you're at Grey Mother's house. I think it's a better introduction into the game than before. Although, having the old map layout for the "hardened survivor" difficulty would maybe be a good idea.

I don't know, I started a new wintermute game and I actually found it harder. Starting with clothes scattered in boxes, and instead of finding the warm and safe tunnel you have to press on. Shorter doesn't mean easier. And I still haven't found the crowbar, it's not by the prison bus anymore!

• Admin locked this topic

Archived