Killwalls

Ice Hole

Can there be anything else?

The killwalls I have encountered are usually around trees.  

Did the tree glitch and kill me or is it something else.

The message indicates that I died from massive internal injuries after falling.

How did the character fall?

Will there be new animation indicating the character falling and this is just unfinished?

Maybe a glitch in the matrix. Or was it a Windigo? 

Image result for wendigo

I really do not think so.  This game does not have super natural creatures. 

No super natural creatures is what the Long Dark community enjoys and praises about the game.

So anything natural then.  That hangs around in trees.

Only other request is make it so we can have some warning.  Maim not kill.

A Visual or audible message.  Play spooky music.  Whatever.

Just do not let an explorer die with out any warning or reason as to what caused death. 

The perma death makes this game great but not for LDRMG adventures. 

22 hours ago, Kendov said:

this should be posted under bug reports

I have posted another "attack tree" report and nothing has been done.  So i just gathered that it might be intentional.

There are others and some like the one listed just do not make any sense.

5 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Or, stop "goating" so much 

That is akin to asking an eagle not to soar so much. :(

I will never stop goating. 

Unless the cougar makes it into the game and hangs around my goat trails.  Then I might have to reconsider my options.

The idea of cougar attacking us from trees was how I was looking at it.

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

but we also have to realize we are taking routes Hinterland did not intend us to take.

I am not to sure about that.  The routes I have taken involve some skill.  It is not like I am walking through or floating above the terrain (while I admit these are feats that have been accomplished).  The one thing I admit is the game is not finished and the routes I take have brought me to areas that warp the minds of most (end of map in the fog or blizzard, lost I nearly walked off into oblivion). 

The point I am trying to get to is I have seen things in the highlands and mountains that are adding up.

carter damn spoiler

For example there is a deer in CH that is way off the intended trail, it leads to an off map area.   I just recently got to it and made video.  Ever since the crows started circling our kills I noticed it up there but found no easy access to it.  These crows are above a cabin and marked a rotting deer carcass high above in the mountain that only Long Dark Rocky Mountain Goat can access. The carcass always spawns in too.   Honestly what I would like to see is all the maps merged then there is no more "intended paths" and encourages trail blazing. 

The only issue is how to get unstuck from the terrain when no jump is in game.  The developers have concerns of players blaming them when getting stuck.  Which is certainly true.  I remember the first time walking through CHD door expecting to turn around so I could save to go eat supper, boy was I surprised (so stressed that 20 hours invested into the character was going to be lost forever, damn dam) .  The no-save 'feature' does make it more challenging but not impossible to trail blaze.

I did a poll asking what path players enjoy in the Long Dark. 

The results so far leans heavily toward trail blazing.  Here is hoping Hinterland hears our bleats.

Archived