Remove location marker in REDUX Wintermute maps

bert lewis

The new REDUX maps in the Wintermute episodes include a location marker showing exactly where you are at all times.  I think this should made optional through a menu option, or removed for the more advanced experience modes (i.e., Hardened Survivor).   The story is about being lost in the north.  Putting a 'you are here' marker at all times while you're exploring is contrary to the concept of being lost in the wilderness.  It's great to find maps along the way and to mark locations as you find them but please remove the location marker.

Please no. This marker was a god send for me. After wondering around for hours trying to find things, or realizing the orientation of the map, *cough* Forlorn Muskeg *cough* I am super greatful for the addition of this “you are here” marker. However, I do believe if people want to make the story more challenging in terms of navigation, an option to turn it off would be a better idea then completely removing it. I for one, am extremely thankful they have added this.

Guest kristaok

I couldn't even beat the story mode before the redux I kept getting lost and attacked by the bear. In fact I wish they would add the marker to the sandbox mode as well. 

On 23/12/2018 at 3:59 AM, bert lewis said:

The new REDUX maps in the Wintermute episodes include a location marker showing exactly where you are at all times.  I think this should made optional through a menu option, or removed for the more advanced experience modes (i.e., Hardened Survivor).   The story is about being lost in the north.  Putting a 'you are here' marker at all times while you're exploring is contrary to the concept of being lost in the wilderness.  It's great to find maps along the way and to mark locations as you find them but please remove the location marker.

I agree, the map marker should be optional , the whole point of being in the north is figuring out where you are, this map marker breaks the immersion factor significantly, the fact that you get a map in each location is also a problem, I think it should be found such as the one behind the door in the cabin at the beginning of story 2 or maybe a you are here map at the post office in milton in story 1.

Archived