PC Fatal error when launching game after update

jeflea2768

So,

No longer having my game save issue, because now the came cannot launch. When I logged into my pc the game had updates available. I assume it was from the two hotfixes they released. So I updated it, now on version 1.44.44083.2, and now the came crashed at launch. The error I get it "Fatal error" "Failed to load Game Assembly!". The only things that has changed on my PC is TLD update. I literally had it running right before the update. I have already tried doing the reset on the program, moving HDD's, and uninstall reinstall. Anyone having this issue, or know a solution?

1 hour ago, LkP said:

Looks like the update failed.

Try verifying the files as described here : http://www.hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/6980-first-steps-for-crashing-or-graphics-issues/

If it is not working, give more details about your config. gl

Do you have any instructions on how to get the config.gl......I have the game installed through the windows store, as an xbox play anywhere title. So no go on most of the troubleshooting steps, as it does not interface with steam. Most of my other Microsoft store installs are in the WindowsApp folder, however TLD does not seem to be in there.

Yeah, we can't verify files because we are on Windows Centra/Microsoft Store and not Steam.   It's most likely the update wasn't done properly.  Based on the lack of posts and outrage about the game basically not starting anymore, I have a feeling this won't be addressed anytime soon and likely have to wait until after the holidays.  

I'm having same issue and I've been trying to find a solution but nothing. I also play it on xbox one and installed it on gaming laptop with windows 10 and it worked but after that I would get fatal error even after uninstalling and reinstalling. Bored at work and need help hinderland!!!

I've also had the same exact issue and I've been trying to pursue a fix for quite a large portion of the today after redownloading it onto my laptop from the Windows Store.

Every time I load the game I get a "Fatal Error: Failed to load Game Assembly!" despite having redownloaded it, reset it and even going so far to use the command prompt to reset the Window Store/ Window Store Cache.

image.thumb.png.3a862b58265a41f22d9383e989f6d8dd.png

I'm having the exact same issue. When is there going to be a fix for this??

Also, here is my UnityPlayer.log:

Loading native plugins
  Loading AkConvolutionReverb.dll
  Loading Storage.dll
  Loading AkFlanger.dll
  Loading Rewired_UWP.dll
  Loading AkPitchShifter.dll
  Loading xboxlive.dll
  Loading AkSoundEngine.dll
Module information:
 Built with Compiler Ver '190024218'
 Built from '2018.2/release' branch
 Version is '2018.2.14f1 (3262fb3b0716)'
 Master build
 Application type 'D3D'
 OS 'Windows 10 (10.0.17134) 64bit'
Could not load symbol il2cpp_class_get_type_token : Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

(Filename:  Line: 208)

il2cpp: function il2cpp_class_get_type_token not found
Could not load symbol il2cpp_class_get_rank : Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

il2cpp: function il2cpp_class_get_rank not found
Could not load symbol il2cpp_method_get_from_reflection : Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

il2cpp: function il2cpp_method_get_from_reflection not found
Could not load symbol il2cpp_type_is_byref : Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

il2cpp: function il2cpp_type_is_byref not found
Could not load symbol il2cpp_type_get_attrs : Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

il2cpp: function il2cpp_type_get_attrs not found
Could not load symbol il2cpp_type_equals : Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

il2cpp: function il2cpp_type_equals not found
Could not load symbol il2cpp_type_get_assembly_qualified_name : Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

il2cpp: function il2cpp_type_get_assembly_qualified_name not found
Could not load symbol il2cpp_debugger_set_agent_options : Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

il2cpp: function il2cpp_debugger_set_agent_options not found
Could not load symbol il2cpp_is_debugger_attached : Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

il2cpp: function il2cpp_is_debugger_attached not found
Could not load symbol il2cpp_unity_install_unitytls_interface : Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

il2cpp: function il2cpp_unity_install_unitytls_interface not found
Failed to load Game Assembly!

That's a Windows error code. It looks like there might be something missing from the unity functions. I'd suggest verifying the files first, and if that doesn't work, you're probably looking at a library path problem of some kind where the game's not finding a DLL that it needs.

Well, I can't really speak to that; I've not run Windows in well over a decade now (and stopped using it routinely in the early nineties). Ditto for Mac, but at least Mac OSX is based on BSD Unix so there're more facilities available in the base system to diagnose why a program's not finding a library.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:15 PM, SkiddyCobra9773 said:

There is no way to verify if you install from the Windows store for Play Anywhere games. That's the problem...

Have you tried uninstalling the game and afterwards going into your file explorer and manually deleting any leftover file trees, and then reinstalling? Also, check out what versions of the mono and .net runtimes you have installed to make sure you have the latest versions of those.

Response from my support submission (sent Dec 22, response from support Dec 29): 

Thanks for contacting us. Problems running the game can be caused by a variety of different issues. If you haven't done so recently, try rebooting your system and following the these basic troubleshooting steps.

These steps will help us to rule out some common problems that can interfere with the game.

If you continue to have difficulties, please let us know.

Regards,

Hinterland Support

On 1/1/2019 at 2:41 PM, Settlefire said:

Same game assembly issue here. We just got it as a gift. It kinda stinks its never worked for us.  I've never had Play Anywhere issues before, just thought I'd chime in. If get something working, I'll report back.

Alright I went nuclear and did a Windows "fresh start" reinstall. This stripped away all apps and am still getting the same issue. (Installed latest Nvidia drivers and C++ 2013 Packages, Turned off scaling). Still not working. I'll submit an official ticket, but here's my unity log for posterity.
Found here:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\27620HinterlandStudio.30233944AADE4_y1bt56c4151zw\TempState

UnityPlayer.log

Thankfully my modem was down over the holidays but.... yesterday (1/1) the internet was up and running and the game crashed! I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game 3 times now and from reading the other posts it seems I'm at the same loss as everyone else. I hope they make a fix soon I love this game.

Archived