The Redux update, Chapter 2, Jeremiah's Hatch

Käyttäjä

7 hours ago, whisperwind777 said:

Excuse me, but is aurora absent after repairing the spear before returning to Jeremiah?

I've been waiting outside the bunker for 15 days in a row, but no aurora has appeared.

I remember clearly that before the redux I finished this mission before returning to Jeremiah.

For me I never had any Aurora between getting/fixing the rifle in Predux and returning with it to Jeremiah. I finished the Aurora Hatch after returning to Jeremiah and killing the bear.

Exactly as I did in Redux.

I repaired the spear and completed the hatch after returning to Jeremiah, but before killing the bear.  Waited about 3 nights before I got an aurora.

Remember, don't just check at dusk and go "not tonight" if it doesn't show; you need to check every hour or two in case there's a weather change. 

• 1 month later...

I've got the same issue as the OP.  The keypad turns green, but the door is locked.  I have a save right before going into the bunker, but each time I try yields the same result.

I'm just returning from repairing the spear.  That shouldn't matter; there isn't an obvious trigger to unlock the door besides having the code.

image.png.9a6ee1475eac11eff70a3af2ebc379fd.png

Any help on this?  Bug?

On 3/4/2019 at 7:26 PM, NardoLoopa said:

Meant the same as @Oxotnik and @Bennymac, rather than the OP.  Did either of you guys find a solution?

All I'll say is that to be safe I played Episode 2 events in the relative same order I did in my Predux series. So I did the Hatch Mission long after The Rifle/Spear finding and fixing mission just to be safe.

It was essentially the last major mission I did before returning to the dam to close out the Episode.

Is it this quest that asks you to loot a corpse near a fire at Unnamed Pond, said corpse not being there in the beginning? Can't remember if the infinite fire at the Pond is triggered by being kicked off for Trapper's, or some bear-thing.

I have looked at this posting for the first time and I am amazed to find that I didn't have the side quests,

Aurora hatch

Mystery Lake Supply Cache

Hanks Cache.

I completed the game, fortunately I have a save just before entering the dam for the final part.  

Back to the grindstone >:(.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am not entirely sure if the Hatch note spawns in that particular hidden cache. Id guess that it's more likely it spawns in the last cache you open - there are (I think) 6 different ones, triggered by various notes. But if anyone can confirm that it spawns in the specific cache found by Hunting lodge, let us know.

For people who seem to have a problem opening the door... I think the game has trigger points for quests and you may have missed it. I am not entirely sure since its a few days since I finished the redux by now, but I think that as you approach the bunker (after getting the quest) Will is going to comment on it "Ive been looking for you" or something like that - which could trigger the door as openable. So maybe just go outside the bunker, away from it and approach it again, that might trigger the quest progress. In theory, at least.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Major spoilers here, so don't watch unless you're completely stuck with any stage of the Aurora Hatch quest.

How to find the note that starts the quest, and the supply cache that gives you the keypad code ...

How to find the Aurora Hatch (and the perils that surround it ;) )

Inside the Aurora Hatch