The Redux update, Chapter 2, Jeremiah's Hatch

Käyttäjä

Hi.
Now that the Redux update launched a while ago, I've been playing the remade story mode. Before this remake, Jeremiah used to give you the location of his hatch near the Radio Tower in Forlorn Muskeg if you gained enough of his trust.

I'm still in Chapter 2, and my next mission is to go to the Dam at night during the Auroras in the sky. I remember that's where the Episode 2 used to end, at least before the new update, I don't know how is it gonna be in this remake though. Anyways, I was just wondering does this hatch still exist in the same place, so I went to check, and found it from the same place. I remember it was only accessible during the Auroras, so I waited for them and went in. Inside, I found out you need some sort of a code now to get in from the door.

So, I'm asking if someone would know; how can you gain access to this place now? It's probably a sidequest found from somewhere, but I can not be sure. I would appreciate any help if someone knows the answer. I don't mind spoilers if they are necessary when answering the question.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Without giving it away, I will say be sure to thoroughly search every interior location for notes and books. The side quests are mostly initiated by finding a note or skill book. The hatch no longer belongs to Jeremiah, and the quest instead starts by finding a note with the hatch code on it. 

• Upvote 4

Hi! 

Thank you a lot for the answer and for your help on this topic. 

If I may ask though, could you please tell me the exact location where to find the note? I'm just looking for completing every side quest there is in the game so I'd appreciate the help a ton. I've been wandering through many interior locations, but have seemed to miss the note possibly.

Thank you one more time for answering. 

25 minutes ago, dan.b89 said:

Check out the un-named pond. I won't say anymore. Good luck!

Hi! And thank you a lot for wanting to help!

The side quest you initiate in the Unnamed Pond is a different one, for a different Hatch called ''Hank's Hatch''. I am talking about a different one which is located in Forlorn Muskeg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJMZzjKCigU

This is the one I'm interested about.

Edited by Käyttäjä

I found note somewhere in location where u repair spear.

Then I got quest. Then I killed bear and Jeremiah close his door for me.

Then I decide to find out what is in that bunker. So I go there when aurora appears, go down to ladder and stuck in front of door.

I can push code panel, it changes to green and door wont open, so...

Edited by Oxotnik

7 hours ago, ferryvg said:

I'm not found anything around Hunting Lodge

It's outside, but tacked onto the hunting lodge. Search during daylight or with a lantern lit--it's rather difficult to spot at night unless you know exactly where to look.

And again, this particular note will not contain the code, but it sets you onto a side quest which will result in you obtaining it.

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

It's outside, but tacked onto the hunting lodge. Search during daylight or with a lantern lit--it's rather difficult to spot at night unless you know exactly where to look.

And again, this particular note will not contain the code, but it sets you onto a side quest which will result in you obtaining it.

To be more exact it's right behind the steps that lead to the front door of the hunting lodge, taped to the side of them.

(I'm pretty sure it was titled "Aurora Hatch Door Entry Code", although i'm not too sure since it was a few days since i picked it up)

Code is 0794 if you can't find it though or its not the right letter

-Edit-

Realised you'll still need the letter to open the hatch, but the note at the hunting lodge is either the hatch door code or leads to a supply cache that has the code note with it, i don't remember for sure but either one should eventually get you the door code.

Edited by Krautik
Correcting details

Am I the only one to find notes that don't trigger quests? Found note to Alan (text description), to Clearcut (text description), and "illegible note" with a "crudely drawn map". The UI shows the triggering of a quest (right side, middle of the screen), but in the Journal and Map there is no entry...¬¬

Edited by BareSkin

Thank you, I found this note. Its not easy to find. It leads in to the cache in which there is another note with the code and the launch of the quest.

I successfully entered the bunker, dialed the code (by clicking on the keyboard) but the door is still closed: 

kBt6bhn.jpg

NO73mow.jpg

Edited by ferryvg
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 5:36 PM, BareSkin said:

Am I the only one to find notes that don't trigger quests? Found note to Alan (text description), to Clearcut (text description), and "illegible note" with a "crudely drawn map". The UI shows the triggering of a quest (right side, middle of the screen), but in the Journal and Map there is no entry...¬¬

Are you looking on the side quest page?  When you go to the Journal it defaults to the main quest.  You have to click the tab at the top of the page to get to the side quests.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, fearofspam said:

Are you looking on the side quest page? 

Yes yes :D but thanks for helping! Another thread actually revealed that this quests existed in the background (I've had the Caches achievement) but just now showing at all in the UI.

7 hours ago, Oxotnik said:

But did u do it BEFORE last move to Damb, or just wait nearby until aurora appears?

Of course I did.

The last thing I do is the dam.

Once Renewed Hope starts I know I have at least 1 weeks of quests (and Aurora waiting) to do before I head to the Dam.

I still had Lakeside Shots, Hanks Hatch and Aurora Hatch (and perhaps one more) before I could head to the dam to really complete Renewed Hope.

So I didn't do it during the first 2 nights of Renewed Hope when the aurora are frequent...I made it there on day 4 of Renewed Hope...and spent 3 odd days and nights waiting.

They key is to get in the Hatch as soon as you see the Aurora and use the keypad and open the door as fast as possible in case the aurora stops that is the only reason for the inner door to not open.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:02 AM, ferryvg said:

Thank you, I found this note. Its not easy to find. It leads in to the cache in which there is another note with the code and the launch of the quest.

I successfully entered the bunker, dialed the code (by clicking on the keyboard) but the door is still closed: 

kBt6bhn.jpg

NO73mow.jpg

I also have this same problem as you and Oxotnik. I cannot not ones the door after the panel goes green and makes the unlocked panel noise.  

I have even reloaded from earlier before the dam mission renewed hope to a signal to noise and tried it then and it is still locked. (Yes I got the note and the cache with the door code). 

I see Ross’ game was able to open the door but ours does not. I have tried shutting down the game as well and restarting steam to see if it would update but it still won’t open. And I have the same side quest SS where it says locate the hidden bunker. Shouldn’t that update when you find or enter the bunker during an aurora? Bug?? Any help or workaround to get in would be appreciated. 

On 1/9/2019 at 6:16 PM, Bennymac said:

I also have this same problem as you and Oxotnik. I cannot not ones the door after the panel goes green and makes the unlocked panel noise.  

I have even reloaded from earlier before the dam mission renewed hope to a signal to noise and tried it then and it is still locked. (Yes I got the note and the cache with the door code). 

I see Ross’ game was able to open the door but ours does not. I have tried shutting down the game as well and restarting steam to see if it would update but it still won’t open. And I have the same side quest SS where it says locate the hidden bunker. Shouldn’t that update when you find or enter the bunker during an aurora? Bug?? Any help or workaround to get in would be appreciated. 

I think it has to be a bug and for that I'm sorry for you guys.

Basically I just did everything quickly because the Aurora on this quest has been known to go away in a flash.

Clicked on the keypad...sounds of pressing numbers...clunk...as soon as I heard the clunk I clicked on the door which then opened....because I wanted to get in and out in the same aurora I ran through and got burn damage.

Only to find that there was food and drink in the bunker alone to survive to the next aurora.

I was stuck in the bunker for I think 3 nights before the next aurora triggered.