Redux! Spoilers I guess?

hoppyfrog324

I didn't really see a master post about it and I didn't want to break into the xbox discussion in the news/update forum, so have another topic?

Redux! Tis the season and all that, so I don't really have a whole lot of time to play right now. I've just finished chatting with Greymother and I'm about to go hole up and find somewhere to "live" for my duration of time in Milton. So far, I'm REALLY enjoying how the game is playing. It's a lot smoother, a lot more seamless, and while there's danger I don't quite feel like I'm going to have to restart five times just to make it to Milton alive. 

It also got my husband to play. He's had it since shortly after I got it, but didn't really get into the survival play. But the story now is right up his alley, so yay!

• 1 month later...

Here we are a month and change later, and I finally finished Episode 1 and I'm in Episode 2. One of my biggest criticisms about the Predux was that it forcibly yanked you out of the story to progress the story, and that's not happening now. I remember wondering why the schoolhouse was even brought up at all, and that's been made into a more cohesive part of the story. I'm sympathetic toward Greymother rather than irritated. The bear is a lot more, yeah, I need to take care of that rather than just wth do I care about some bear chasing some old guy. Methusalah? HERE FOR IT. 

Really appreciate the work that went into smoothing out the story. I'm not done Episode 2 yet, but I am liking it a whole lot more!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 8:53 AM, hoppyfrog324 said:

I remember wondering why the schoolhouse was even brought up at all, and that's been made into a more cohesive part of the story. I'm sympathetic toward Greymother rather than irritated. 

I totally agree that the Predux story, especially around Grey Mother and what happened in Milton was very confusing and I played thru the story twice before Redux, just to try to understand it better. I too really appreciate they made the story a lot more coherent with both Grey Mother and Jeremiah.

Archived