Hints

SairusAWSM

Hey, I am new here, please could anyone post me all the pictures from loading screens with their text? There is no way I can read more than 2 words while it's loading, or at least does anyone have the list of all the text that shows up there on loading screens? Thanks!

2 hours ago, stratvox said:

I suspect they're counting on spinning disk load times to keep them on screen for long enough to read; I have the game on an SSD so they whip by very very quickly for me. Hinterland, I think that adding a three second timer to the load screens would fix that.

Same here with the SSD.  I think having some kind of configurable setting:  1) No Splash Screen, 2) Current behavior, 3) # seconds per SS (regardless of system speed).  Personally, I would always opt for the quickest load times, but I do think the OP has a good question.

21 hours ago, stratvox said:

I think that adding a three second timer to the load screens would fix that

Instead of doing this, I would put a continue button, so you can take all the time you want to read.
The main reason is that many of us are not from an English spoken country (I'm from Uruguay), so we might not read as fast as others do. Also, sometimes I have to read something twice to fully make sense of it.

Maybe the button could be enabled/disabled on the settings, for those that would not like that ;)

That was BIOS. Plugging in a keyboard to do that while the computer was running in the old old days (when AT or PS/2 keyboard connectors Ruled The World) was dangerous as you risked blowing the keyboard connector fuse hard wired to the motherboard and ruining it.

The fuses were typically hard mounted right on the motherboard and required special low-power soldering irons to be able to replace them safely. You could do it with a normal soldering iron but it was dangerous... a moment too long applying heat to either lift the old fuse or put in the new one and you could delaminate the board. I did that repair once with a normal soldering iron waaaayyyyyyy back in the day when I was starting out in the industry at my local white box sweatshop; we had tons of dead hardware in line for recycling so I practiced on them before doing the actual repair. I was successful... but it was nerve-racking, that's for sure.

Archived