Can we have our condition percentage back?

Fuccimama

Pretty please?

It’s driving me nuts. We have new wheels that tell us within a percentage point how cold, tired, thirsty, or hungry we are, but you took away the only stat that I obsessed over. I need to know about every last hit point, and it’s making me crazy!  Give it back, please!

The screen where you see your needs, afflictions and temperature.  The condition bar (life bar) used to show a percentage next to the bar.

I also miss the percentage and would like to have it back. If I can select the exact number of hours to sleep or pass time without a watch then I should be able to know the percentage of life I currently have. 

To be fair the percentage doesn't really help when below the ten percent cutoff.  Going RED.

I used to surf the 1% to 5 % danger zone and when stumbling was added I never ever wanted to get that low again.  Too risky.

If the stumbling is on then you really better get the help you need ASAP otherwise, dead.  Looking at percentages doesn't help.

This might not apply but I too was concerned about hit points.

On 12/19/2018 at 1:37 PM, Fuccimama said:

I need to know about every last hit point,

Personally, I prefer it without the percentage number in the Status screen. I'd go further and remove the exact number for your calorie count as well. I prefer the loose descriptions like "Full", "Peckish", "Hungry", "Starving".

What I'd really like to see is some more noticeable effects of suffering condition loss. At the moment there's nothing to indicate that you're losing condition or how much or how fast, except by looking at a bland status bar. When you're losing condition, you're dying. I think it should be made more obvious, and affect your abilities.

So no, I don't want the percentage measurement back - I'd rather the game made us aware of it with more immersive, meaningful feedback and effects. Maybe scale the 0-10% Condition audio/visuals across the entire 0-99% range?

6 hours ago, Pillock said:

“What I'd really like to see is some more noticeable effects of suffering condition loss. At the moment there's nothing to indicate that you're losing condition or how much or how fast, except by looking at a bland status bar... Maybe scale the 0-10% Condition audio/visuals across the entire 0-99% range?” (Some stuff removed for brevity)

I really appreciate your thinking. There are some indicators. “I don’t feel so well” comes at some point around 40% I think. 

Maybe, other things, like vomiting, coughing, spitting up blood, and momentary dizziness might be added. I feel like stumbling at 5% health is kind of overkill, and if used it should be sooner. Trip and fall at 20%, dropping whatever you’re holding, for instance. 

I just feel that, from a roleplaying standpoint, if you are going to show any numerical stats at all, HP should be one of them. Maybe they’re trying to ween us off the hard way. 

On 21/12/2018 at 11:04 PM, Pillock said:

Personally, I prefer it without the percentage number in the Status screen. I'd go further and remove the exact number for your calorie count as well. I prefer the loose descriptions like "Full", "Peckish", "Hungry", "Starving".

What I'd really like to see is some more noticeable effects of suffering condition loss. At the moment there's nothing to indicate that you're losing condition or how much or how fast, except by looking at a bland status bar. When you're losing condition, you're dying. I think it should be made more obvious, and affect your abilities.

So no, I don't want the percentage measurement back - I'd rather the game made us aware of it with more immersive, meaningful feedback and effects. Maybe scale the 0-10% Condition audio/visuals across the entire 0-99% range?

This!!! Please make a forum post in the wishlist section here about it!

Archived