Wintermute Key Survival Tools/Spoilers

Jeebus

So the Redux update is great, I enjoy the changed maps and revised story.  I do actually miss the 3rd person cut scenes, and wish the clothes you equip are shown in them but thats a minor complaint.

Anywho this is a cheapo listing of KEY SURVIVAL ITEMS and where they are, too make sure we arent missing them between episodes.  I start with what I know about

Crowbar is in the Farm House

Lantern is at the Orca Gas Station

Hunting Knife (I have no idea is this based on killing Hobs?)

Snowboots are on the Milton Bridge far out of town

Rabbit Mittens, ?

Flight Plan supplies are by your crashed plane

You can rob Grey Mother of the food you give her once all her quest are complete (you monster)

Flare Gun is in the Carter Dam Bathroom

Sleeping bags are everywhere, you dont need to bring one from Ep 1 to Ep 2

List any other nice spots you know of

You do not get to keep the knife if you pull it out. You look at it in your hand (it's the same model as the normal knife), but then it's gone after the scene. I kind of wish that they'd had it actually be a screw driver. Then it wouldn't seem weird that you don't get a knife there. 

Showing clothing you wore in cutscenes was never a thing. As a result I do not miss the third person cutscenes, it's far less immersion breaking that way. 

I haven't found a hunting knife yet. I think they want to emphasize forging tools in Episode 2 more, rather than straight up giving you a knife. Which is nice and an added challenge. 

Rabbitskin mitts are in the safe at Spence's Farm. Always have been, so I immediately knew where to look.

8 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Showing clothing you wore in cutscenes was never a thing. As a result I do not miss the third person cutscenes, it's far less immersion breaking that way. 

I haven't found a hunting knife yet. I think they want to emphasize forging tools in Episode 2 more, rather than straight up giving you a knife. Which is nice and an added challenge. 

Rabbitskin mitts are in the safe at Spence's Farm. Always have been, so I immediately knew where to look.

That's still a bit weird, Spoiler episode 2: I mean you enter in episode 2, the game just give you so much, you got the rifle and looting the dam, I got 30 ammos but not a simple knife... 

Latern also at farm house.

Knife. Looks like it sinks trough Hobbes and the sofa. Not sure if you are supposed to get it or not. Seemes bugged.
tld-2018-12-19-00-33-54-20.jpg

Rabbit mittens and rabbit hat you get the blueprint to craft these, if you do the optional "put Lily to rest" part. 

Flare gun also at supply crate on the bride in Milton.

Makinaw jacket if you do the optional "stock extra supplies"

Mountaineer boots if you do the optional "put Lily to rest"

Hmmmmm I did all the quests for Grey Mother, including putting Lily to rest and I did not get a recipe for the rabit mittens.
Still happy with Redux, just needs a few bug fix patches.

My political critic:
Re-Redux: Hinterland games, as receiving grants from Canadian Gov, wags the finger at using morphine because it leads to addiction and drug abuse!

Redux: Stab the wounded man.

On 12/20/2018 at 9:11 PM, Jeebus said:

My political critic:
Re-Redux: Hinterland games, as receiving grants from Canadian Gov, wags the finger at using morphine because it leads to addiction and drug abuse!

RVL said a while back that he wanted to add a choice into the game about whether to use morphine on Jeremiah to get his mood up faster at the expense of him being angry at you later, but that would have pushed the game's rating up.  Obviously a generic "don't abuse painkillers, kids" statement is fine :).

I was unable to find any knives in Ep1. I found a few of them in Ep2, I left 2 behind when I went into the dam at the end of the Ep. The only one I'm certain of the location was in one of the fishing huts out on Mystery Lake.
What I really wanted to find and only ever found 2 of where whetstones...and I used them both up before I was able to complete all the quests in Ep2. I found a 3rd in the lower part of the dam...but that's only gonna matter if gear carries over to Ep3 when that comes out.

Archived